For almost 50 years, we have been innovating, growing and bringing to market the best in crystal clear, 100% recyclable PET clamshell and two-piece packaging. Our products are designed to attractively merchandise products from the produce, deli, bakery, grocery, convenience store and food service industries. From our groundbreaking Safe-T-Fresh® line to our latest Crystal Fresh® line, we create innovative, award winning packaging that meets any need.
The Quality Engineer (QE) plays an integral quality team role in maintaining and improving the quality of products supplied by the Inline Plastics facility in GA. This includes responsibility of identifying, implementing, and measuring quality improvements, quality system compliance, process controls, failure analysis, risk management, supplier quality and customer satisfaction. The QE will also support, and sometimes lead, the Internal Auditing, CAPA, SCAR, MSA, SPC, and complaints handling programs for the plant. This new role in the organization will be developed to utilize OpEx (Six Sigma / Lean) tools to improve yield, increase cost savings and grow customer satisfaction. The Quality Engineer reports directly to the plant Quality Manager.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive quality improvement activities associated with manufacturing yields, customer return rates, customer complaints, quality system efficiencies and in-process failures, using statistical analysis
Report on plant metrics associated with quality
- Perform deviation investigations into quality issues involving design, production and suppliers
- Participate in Item Qualification / Commercialization activities from protocol development, to testing, to a completed final report
- Support manufacturing initiatives associated with overall manufacturing quality
- Support internal QMS requirements around internal auditing, supplier quality, CAPAs, Management Review, complaints, etc.
- Act as the backup Certified SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner according to the SQF 2000 code
- Implement MSAs and SPC as applicable
- Work with the Design Quality team to transfer new products to production
- Work with Operations team to develop a PFMEA process
- Ensure compliance with Inline Plastics QMS and all relevant internal procedures and policies
- Assist with the implementation of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) related to food contact packaging, and aligned to any FDA requirements
- Support qualifications of changes and co-ordinates associated change control activities
- Attend Lean Six Sigma training, achieve Certification and use tools to improve quality, gain cost savings, and improve customer satisfaction (internal OpEx program)
- Imbed OpEx into the Quality and plant organization
- Facilitate customer complaints through adequate investigation and corrective actions/preventive actions
- Provide input to outsourced product performance requirements and recommend and implement applicable improvements (for products the plant purchases)
- Provide quality audit support of new suppliers and processes for new product
- Must be able to interact and build relationships with various departments and customers
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Participate in annual Quality, OpEx and/or Supplier forums
BS degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering or other related field of study.
- 3+ years' experience in Quality Assurance. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification or training preferred. Must be able to work independently and keep abreast of quality issues on the production floor.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner. Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills, analytical and statistical problem solving tools.
- Strong collaboration, negotiating, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills with the ability to work well with both technical and non-technical personnel and influence the direction of projects. Can effectively lead Change Management efforts.
- Self-starter and the ability to plan and organize workload under minimum supervision
- Working knowledge of software programs - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project. Minitab experience is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Inline Plastics Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top