For almost 50 years, we have been innovating, growing and bringing to market the best in crystal clear, 100% recyclable PET clamshell and two-piece packaging. Our products are designed to attractively merchandise products from the produce, deli, bakery, grocery, convenience store and food service industries. From our groundbreaking Safe-T-Fresh® line to our latest Crystal Fresh® line, we create innovative, award winning packaging that meets any need.
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects related to new product launches and tool capacity expansion, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Program Manager will define the project's objectives, formulate schedules with milestones, coordinate activities, oversee project costs and ensure all deliverables are satisfied throughout the entire project until the new product(s) and tool(s) are successfully commercialized.
This position will work closely with Managers, Supervisors and associates in the following departments: RD&E, Marketing / Product Group, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Accounting, Purchasing and external suppliers. This role will participate in defining and executing Program Management Office (PMO) processes and policies and maintaining stakeholder and customer relationships. The Program Manager reports to the PMO lead in the RD&E department.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads and directs a cross-functional team to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and scope.
- Formulates project schedule(s) considering the procurement and delivery of new tools and other associated activities that result in the successful launch of new products and/or the commercialization of new tools to enhance manufacturing capacity.
- Develops alternative schedules and plans for different business scenarios in order to identify and/or remove constraints resulting in the timely completion of project(s).
- Identifies, coordinates and ensures the procurement of thermoform tooling, raw materials, marketing materials, QA fixtures and other items necessary to successfully launch new products per the project schedule.
- Formulates, maintains and consistently publishes the status of tooling procurement activities that includes the project name, product description, vendor, target delivery date and estimated days to actual delivery.
- Schedules preliminary and final design review meetings with tooling vendors and Inline Plastics' cross-functional team members to ensure tooling is designed and built according to Inline's standards and specifications.
- Coordinates the delivery of technical and project related information from RD&E, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing and QA to project team members.
- Acts as an intermediary to resolve schedule and resource conflicts between team members or departments that affect the successful timely completion of the project.
- Formulates Capital Requisitions and assembles supporting documents such as quotes, ROI calculations, etc., and submits requisitions to management for signature approval.
- Track project(s) costs and identifies unfavorable variances and works with team members and/or management to minimize financial and/or schedule impacts.
- Provides updates to senior management via formal presentation or memorandum on an as-needed basis.
- Travel to external suppliers and other Inline Plastics' facilities up to 20% of the time may be necessary.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards.
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee.
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Practices good housekeeping, including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements.
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering, from a four-year college or university. A minimum of 7-10 years of related experience in a manufacturing or an engineering environment with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously. Plastics industry experience is beneficial, preferably in thermoforming and knowledgeable with tooling design and procurement practices.
- Project Management Skills - Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) is beneficial. Six Sigma Black Belt certification is preferred. Solid working knowledge of software programs - Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Minitab.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top