Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that is among the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long Term Disability; Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness; Paid Holidays and Vacation; generous 401(k) company match at 100% up to 4.25% of salary; Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am -5:00 pm
Summary: The Production Manager oversees and is responsible for day-to-day activities within the facility while under the direction of the Plant Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures daily operation of Plant in accordance with safety practices and IRR.
- Manages and controls the areas of production while working with quality, customer service, sales and safety departments and their representatives.
- Responsible to maximize manufacturing efficiencies consistent with approved quality specifications by developing programs for continuous improvement utilizing the root cause analysis process.
- Assist Plant Manager in developing and implementing the annual manufacturing plan, including budgets, capital expenditures, and human resource requirements.
- Coordinates facility activities associated with operating, repairing, and maintaining equipment.
- Responsible to maintain good working relationships between all departments in operation and company to enhance facility effectiveness.
- Responsible to evaluate direct reports' responsibilities and set goals to obtain optimum safety, efficiency and economy of operations while maximizing profits.
- Supports quality control programs that are designed to ensure product safety and quality that are consistent with established operating practices.
- Communicates information in a timely manner to Plant Manager, customer service, warehouse, sales and other departments to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for overall organization and housekeeping needs of the facility in order to provide a clean and safe working environment and pass third party audits.
- Managerial Responsibilities
- Directly supervises the following: Production Supervision on all shifts.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, firing, training and coaching of direct reports; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws.
- Communicates, verifies and enforces company policies and procedures throughout the facility.
- Ensures that each direct report has been trained to perform their job assignments in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures that direct reports have received safety training, monitors and enforces safety standards in the facility.
- Ensures that direct reports are trained to complete paperwork properly; maintaining accurate log books, records, and other administrative duties.
- Monitors direct reports attendance/absenteeism, and vacation schedules to ensure daily coverage of each job function within the facility.
- Responsible for ensuring Product Safety and Quality per standards of the SQF (Safe Quality Food) 2000 Code.
- All other duties as assigned.
Measurements of Success
- Through proper utilization of the available resources, ensures that the goals established for "measurements of success" meet or exceed expectation.
- Listed are examples of the measurements for success that are used.
- Accident rate and safe work practices
- Product Safety and Product Defense enforcement
- Quality Returns and Standards
- Attendance rate/ Turnover rate
- Scrap rate
- OEE Attainment
- Budget conformance
- Accurately, timely and in accordance with Company procedures prepares, inputs, and processes various reports, paperwork or other administrative duties assigned. The following are examples of the types one might be responsible for:
- Injuries by Type
- Turnover by Position
- Performs various computer related functions to generate reports and analysis designed to monitor operational performance, utilizing TMM, MDT, Microsoft Office, Internet, and other types of software.
- Responsible for consistent, accurate and up to date documentation throughout the facility.
- Shift by Shift Performance
Product Safety and Quality
- Follows and enforces Inline Plastics Corp. Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- This employee will handle extremely confidential information.
- This person must possess the ability to understand the importance of corporate confidentiality and act accordingly.
- Drive For Results- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Intellectual Horsepower -Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Developing Direct Reports -Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Conflict Management - Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Managing Through Systems - Can design practices, processes, and procedures which allow managing from a distance; is comfortable letting things manage themselves without intervening; can make things work through others without being there; can impact and results remotely
- Managing and Measuring Work - Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains trust and respect.
- Six Sigma - Green Belt required; Black Belt preferred. Is able to define a problem, improvement opportunity, or requirements. Measure process performance. Analyze processes to determine root causes of variation, defects, or poor performance. Improve process performance by addressing root causes. Control the improved process and future performance.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline, such as Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- 8-10 years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt required; Black Belt preferred
- Must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have the ability to proficiently add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to work with formulas.
- Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Back to top