Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that is among the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long Term Disability; Paid Holidays and Vacation; generous 401(k) company match at 100% up to 4.25% of salary; Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program
To our veterans and separated service members: You are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Inline Plastics. The skills you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you will consider sharing in our mission and consider a career with IP.
Rotating 36/48, 12 hour DAY shift 7 am - 7 pm
Summary: This position provides leadership that fosters teamwork while coordinating activities of daily operations and production efficiency. This is a working lead position. Is able to perform all the functions of all production positions on the floor. May fill in for the Manufacturing Shift Supervisor as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively coordinates and oversees day-to-day activities or work assignments as communicated by management or other established methods.
- Problem solving; training employees; assigning, directing and checking work; addressing minor complaints and communicating information to management.
- Accurately prepares, inputs and processes various reports, paperwork or other administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Starts and stops production jobs following appropriate procedures
- Maintains expertise in Machine Data Transducer (MDT) for scheduling/deletion of jobs and completion of shift reports.
- Covers for breaks and lunch of the operators and packers, as needed.
- Completing daily shift reports.
- Ensures operators are completing operator checklists.
- Ensures packers and operators are completing QC line inspection requirements.
- Ensures product produced meets quality standards by conduction QC testing, documenting results and correcting process or material issues when defects are identified according to the QC Standards.
- Ensures the line has the proper carton, label and raw material according to the QC Standard
- Assists with the training of operators or packers if necessary.
- Assists with Setups on both Contact heat and pre-heat machines
- Follows procedures for daily and weekly machine inspection, preventive maintenance, and cleaning and brings to the attention of supervision any items that may need to be fixed or looked at.
- In a correct and timely manner troubleshoots and identifies the root cause to correct for such problems with parts as sticking, webs, splits, snaps, forming, hinge, hairs, pre-cut, and clean off and collaborates with mechanics and technicians to resolve equipment issues.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Willing to work overtime usually arriving 30 minutes early for shift turnover and staying 30 minutes late to complete administrative tasks as required.
- Must maintain forklift certification.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- Consistent and regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment.
- In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals. Knowledge of the metric system a plus.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to bend, climb, push, reach and lift up to 50 pounds regularly, using appropriate lifting techniques and tools. .
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the ability to stand for prolonged periods.
Back to top