This position provides leadership that fosters teamwork while coordinating activities of daily operations and production efficiency. This is a working lead position. Is able to perform all the functions of all production positions on the floor. May fill in for the Manufacturing Shift Supervisor as needed. If filling in for other position, reference the specific position's job description for details.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Effectively coordinates and oversees day-to-day activities or work assignments as communicated by management or other established methods. Responsibilities may include: problem solving; training employees; assigning, directing and checking work; addressing minor complaints and communicating information to management.
Administration• Accurately prepares, inputs and processes various reports, paperwork or other administrative duties in a timely manner.• Starts and stops production jobs.• Maintains expertise in Machine Data Transducer (MDT) for scheduling/deletion of jobs and completion of shift reports.
- Covers for breaks and lunch of the operators, if needed.
- Competent in completing daily shift reports.
Ensures that the following is performed by members of the cell and themselves and should the need arise notify supervision of problems in a timely manner.
- Ensures operators are completing operator checklists.
- Ensures packers and operators are completing QC line inspection requirements.
- Ensures product produced meets quality standards by conduction QC testing, documenting results and correcting process or material issues when defects are identified according to the QC Standards.
- Ensures the line has the proper carton, label and raw material according to the QC Standard
- Assists with the training of operators or packers if necessary.
- Follows procedures for daily and weekly machine inspection, preventive maintenance, and cleaning and brings to the attention of supervision any items that may need to be fixed or looked at.
- In a correct and timely manner troubleshoots and identifies the root cause to correct for such problems with parts as sticking, webs, splits, snaps, forming, hinge, hairs, pre-cut, and clean off and collaborates with mechanics and technicians to resolve equipment issues.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Generally willing to work overtime usually arriving 30 minutes early for shift turnover and staying 30 minutes late to complete administrative tasks.
- May be forklift certified.
Product Safety and Quality
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience - High School degree or equivalent. Prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment.
- Language- In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
3. Math- Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals. Knowledge of the metric system a plus.
- Reasoning- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In a 12-hour shift while performing this job, the employee may sit, stand or walk.
- Physical activities include lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending and twisting.
- Floor lifts of 10-50 lbs. are performed frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of static electrical shock.
- Constant care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury to self or others. An accident, should it occur, may result in minor injuries such as cuts, abrasions, burns or bruises or of a partially incapacitating nature such as back strain, fracture, or bruising.