Production Control Manager
The Production Control Manager is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company's productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts on MPS (Master Production Scheduler) forecast, order releases and exception messages from MPS.
- Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company's productive capacity.
- Analyzes MPS forecast data and sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
- Creates and analyzes monthly sales history relative to budget forecast to identify trends and potential impact on production and customer needs.
- Prepares, enters and follows up on purchase orders for required materials, communicate with vendors and expedite as necessary.
- Responsible for the inventory levels of Finished Goods and Raw Material to meet our service requirements.
- Communicates as necessary with Sales, Distribution, Warehouse and Production Departments to smoothly coordinate scheduling changes.
- Creates, maintains and updates various spreadsheets and or system information as needed.
- Builds, corrects and updates BOM's in the TMM system (as required)
- Master TMM and MPS and all its applicable systems.
- Knowledge and comprehension of all plants' capacity planning spreadsheets.
- Works with Central Planning Manager and Manufacturing to create and maintain a database to track actual sales verses predicted sales on new items.
- Insures Company's compliance with appropriate governmental regulatory requirements and promotes affirmative action compliance.
- Works closely with Stores Clerk and Warehouse Supervisor with respect to the management of raw materials and semi-finished goods.
- This position has direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making
- Collaboration Skills
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from two- year college or technical school and two years' experience in scheduling. Strong personal computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets and data base programming) and be very analytical. APICS experience preferred. Must be able to interact with various groups or people.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, purchase orders, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to speak clearly and have an excellent phone manner
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, and interest. Ability to used min/max levels via forecasting and production.
- Reasoning Ability - Organizational and prioritization skills essential. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving a variety of situations.
Back to top