Plant Quality Manager
Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that is among the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long Term Disability; Paid Holidays and Vacation; generous 401(k) company match at 100% up to 4.25% of salary; Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program
To our veterans and separated service members: You are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Inline Plastics. The skills you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you will consider sharing in our mission and consider a career with IP.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Responsible for the quality of products supplied by the Inline Plastics facility. Primary duties are focused on the Quality Systems and Quality operations related to QMS integration, manufacturing, tooling qualification, customer satisfaction, sustaining management, and technical quality/service/costs improvements for the facility. This position will direct and manage the activities of the Quality organization by prioritizing objectives, managing, leading and coaching the onsite quality staff.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the manufacturing plant's quality system and acts as the Management Rep / Certified SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner according to the SQF 2000 code
- Plan, organize, direct and report on all quality-related activities at the facility
- Lead, manage, and develop the quality staff at the facility
- Manage the Internal Audit, SCAR, and CAPA process at the facility
- Lead the product safety program
- Assist with the implementation of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) related to food contact packaging, and aligned to any FDA requirements
- Ensure proper approval and documentation practices are followed for any process, material or tooling changes at the facility
- Ensure compliance with Inline Plastics Quality Systems, all relevant internal procedures and policies, and any governmental regulatory requirements
- Develop, implement, and monitor facility development initiatives, including performance metrics, quality improvements, cost reduction, supplier forums, Six Sigma/Lean integration, and audits that align with Inline Plastics strategic goals and objectives
- Lead by Example: Setting continuous-improvement driven mentality and solid quality culture for the organization
- Establish and drive cultural standards of Quality, Service, Safety, Performance and Teamwork
- Collaborate with the corporate team to insure proper complaints handling and investigations
- Collaborate with the corporate team to ensure that effective up-to-date Quality Assurance documentation, procedures and specifications are maintained
- Develop, implement, and maintain technical quality assurance systems and activities, to include MSAs, SPC, Quality Plans, Control Plans, and FMEAs
- Plans, develops, promotes and maintains training programs that enhance the skills of employees to identify, record and track product/process nonconformities and implement appropriate corrective action
- Responsible for developing and communicating data analysis using statistical techniques on product defects, quality issues, and manufacturing performance, with plans for improvement
- Owns the inspection and product testing procedures to ensure consistent methods throughout the facility.
- Works with the Operations leadership to coordinate manufacturing and QA activities to ensure proper staffing coverage and maintain quality levels
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours
- Must be able to interact and build relationships with various departments and customers
- Participate in annual Quality, OpEx, and/or Supplier forums
- BS degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study.
- 7+ years experience in Quality Assurance.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification or training preferred.
- HAACP and SQF certification required within a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to supervise, work independently and keep abreast of quality issues on the production floor.
- Must have a working knowledge of software programs - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- Minitab experience is a plus.
- Must have strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively lead Change Management efforts.
- Must have excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Must have good problem solving skills, analytical and statistical problem solving tools.
- Must have strong collaboration, negotiating, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills with the ability to work well with both technical and non-technical personnel, and influence the direction of projects.
- Must be a self-starter and the ability to plan and organize workload under minimum supervision.
- Must have leadership experience.
Back to top