Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that among the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long Term Disability; Paid Holidays and Vacation; generous 401(k) company match at 100% up to 4% of salary; Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program.
Rotating 12 hour shifts, 36/48
Day Shift: 6:55pm-7:05am
Summary: Responsible for removing, inspecting and packing quality product coming from the machines and acting as a resource for quality control.
Essential Job Functions:
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning.
- Adheres to lockout procedures any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
- Follows IPC Product Safety and Product Defense quality standards.
- Must be able to read and interpret QC Standards and perform all visual and functional required tests.
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee.
- Follows FDA product safety standards and complies with all SQF requirements.
- Responsible for performing Quality Control inspections of product for defects against IPC Quality Standards and properly document test results on QC013 form as required by WI-QC014-S at each work center at required intervals.
- When/if defective product is found, set aside and notify his/her operator.
- Removes parts from machines/stackers and packs properly in cartons.
- Ability to pack/stack parts when machine is running at various cycle speeds.
- Monitor, inspect and pack/stack multiple machines when assigned to machines with gravity and automated stackers.
- Accurately monitors proper piece count per carton.
- Retrieves own cartons and readies for case taper.
- Verifies that labels are correct, with proper work order number and applied to cartons correctly.
- Feeds carton into case taper so that it is properly sealed.
- Inspects cartons for proper date code and verify that the date code is legible.
- Properly stacks full cartons on pallet to specified heights.
- Must be able to accurately document test results.
- Must be able to accurately document machine related issues.
- Presses MDT button on a timely basis to indicate when a carton is full.
- Alerts supervision/lead of downtime occurrence and presses correct MDT code when downtime occurs.
- Operates MDT box to identify downtime occurrences.
- Immediately stops machine using emergency stop button (estop) when a problem occurs and turns on machine light to signal a problem.
- Repacks defective or damaged product.
- Must be able to safely remove rewind from the GN machines and place them in the proper bins.
- Assists in relieving for breaks as directed.
- May be required to assist in new Packer training.
- Follows procedures for daily and weekly machine cleaning and brings any potential machine issues to the attention of the machine operator.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance record.
- Generally willing to work overtime.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is helpful.
- In work-related situations, must be able to take direction and communicate in English and/or Spanish as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to count and perform simple addition and subtraction.
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Must pay attention to detail.
While performing this job in a 12-hour shift, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
Frequent physical activities include lifting, reaching, bending and twisting, as well as gross manual dexterity tasks. During an inspection phase, occasional fine motor tasks are required.
Lifts 10 to 25 lbs frequently; lifts up to 50 lbs occasionally. This combined with bending and twisting occurs frequently (every 3 1/2 minutes throughout the shift). This task occurs more frequently when assigned to the pre-heat machines.
This job does not involve repetitive motion by design, but observation notes that some employees by habit perform tasks in such a manner that repetitive motion occurs.
Kneeling on floor and pulling roll of rewind from machine.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required and provided.