- McDonough, GA
This position keeps production operational by performing the following duties. Will fill in for Packer, Grinder or Utility Personnel as needed.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ensures product produced meets quality standards by conducting QC testing, documenting results and correcting process or material issues when defects are identified.
• Ensures the line has the proper carton, label and raw material according to the QC Standard
• Accurately loads rolls and verifies and/or sets machine settings sheets; unloads rolls of material on machine.
• Properly and timely starts/restarts/stops machine, removes roll, scrap and rewind.
• Correctly operates thermoforming, automation, and auxiliary equipment (i.e. case tapers, grinders, stackers).
• Assists with setup of machines as needed.
• Follows procedures for daily and weekly machine inspection, preventive maintenance, and cleaning and brings to the attention of supervision any items that may need to be fixed or looked at.
• Ability to correctly troubleshoot machines
• Correctly and timely identify the root cause and makes the necessary corrections for problems such as parts sticking, webs, splits, snaps, forming, hinge, hairs and pre-cut.
• Properly completes production paperwork, maintains accurate logbooks and other administrative duties.
• Completes operator checklist for the machines assigned for that shift.
• Accurately communicates shift change information.
• Possesses working knowledge and understanding of MDT system.
Product Safety and Quality
• Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
• Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
• Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
• Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
• Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
Miscellaneous • If he/she loads the last pallet that fills out the trailer he/she must lift dock leveler and secure in the closed position (closed position is flap down and level with the floor) and close dock door.
• Practices good housekeeping including clutter free work area and general cleaning.
• Follows auditing standards as it pertains to employee.
• May be forklift certified
• Maintains a good attendance record
• Generally willing to work overtime
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience - High School degree or equivalent. Prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment.
- Language - In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
3. Math - Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals. Knowledge of the metric system a plus.
- Reasoning - Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In a 12-hour shift while performing this job, the employee may sit, stand or walk.
- Physical activities include lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending and twisting.
- Pallet stacking of boxes 25-50 lbs. is performed rarely.
- Using motorized pallet jack, moves plastic rolls (approximately up to 3000 lbs) positioning them to be loaded onto machines.
- Moving and positioning roll shafts up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Kneeling on floor and pulling roll of rewind from machine.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required and provided.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of static electrical shock.
- Constant care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury to self or others. An accident, should it occur, may result in injuries in minor injuries such as cuts, abrasions, burns or bruises or a partially incapacitating nature such as back strain, fracture, or bruising.
Back to top