Mold Shop Manager
- McDonough, GA
The Mold Shop Manager oversees all aspects of production tooling preparation, maintenance, fabrication, and upgrades by performing the following duties within the facility while under the direction of the Technical Manager.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Liaison between Tooling Design, Tooling Program Manager, Corporate Mold Shop, local tooling vendors and Production.
- Coordinates Mold Shop efforts to meet the needs of production.
- Facilitates resolution of tooling design issues as it relates to tool fabrication or production processes.
- Formulates Mold Shop schedule, sets priorities and conveys delivery dates to the Production Planning Department.
- Establishes production tooling costs and budgets. Generates Capital Requisitions for tooling projects.
- Researches new equipment and justifies purchase.
- Champions departmental continuous improvement activities.
- Generates purchase requests for the ordering of raw materials, tools, supplies, etc.
- Monitors and coordinates preventative maintenance and repair of all Mold Shop equipment and production tooling.
- Identifies Mold Shop staffing levels and Mold Shop employee training needs and coordinates staffing changes and training to keep the Mold Shop running efficiently.
- Insures company's compliance with appropriate governmental regulatory requirements and promotes affirmative action compliance.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, firing, training and coaching of direct reports; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws.
- Communicates, verifies and enforces company policies and procedures throughout the facility.
- Ensures that each direct report has been trained to perform their job assignments in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures that direct reports have received safety training, monitors and enforces safety standards in the facility.
- Ensures that direct reports are trained to complete paperwork properly; maintaining accurate log books, records, and other administrative duties.
- Monitors direct reports attendance/absenteeism, and vacation schedules to ensure daily coverage of each job function within the facility.
- Responsible for ensuring Product Safety and Quality per standards of the SQF (Safe Quality Food) 2000 Code.
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in an engineering discipline, such as Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, as well as 8-10 years of progressive management experience in a machine shop environment. Individuals with Associates degrees and 10 - 15 years' experience or a High School education with a minimum of 15 years' experience will also be considered
Technical Skills - Ability to read blueprints and bill of materials. Experience in the use of mechanics hand tools, micrometers, calipers and dial indicators. Complete knowledge of machining equipment including, but not limited to, milling machines, lathes, surface grinders, CNC milling machines. Knowledge of machining best practices. Knowledge of tooling repair and assembly
Language Skills - In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to proficiently add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to work with formulas.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Back to top