Manufacturing Shift Supervisor
For almost 50 years, we have been innovating, growing and bringing to market the best in crystal clear, 100% recyclable PET clamshell and two-piece packaging. Our products are designed to attractively merchandise products from the produce, deli, bakery, grocery, convenience store and food service industries. From our groundbreaking Safe-T-Fresh® line to our latest Crystal Fresh® line, we create innovative, award winning packaging that meets any need.
The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor directly supervises Production Leads, Operators, Utility Workers, Grinders, Packers and indirectly supervises Electro-Mechanical Technicians, Set-Up Mechanics, Warehouse Operators and QA Inspectors on individual shift. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
Through proper utilization of the available resources, ensures that the goals established for "measurements of success" meet or exceed expectation including
- Accident rate and safe work practices
- Product Safety and Product Defense enforcement
- Quality Returns and Standards
- Attendance rate/Turnover rate
- Scrap rate
- Downtime rate
- Machine utilizations
- Machine efficiency
- Budget conformance
- Interviews, hires and trains employees including planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Communicates company policies and procedures to workers and enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner and when corrective action is required, ensures that it is properly documented in an approved format.
- Ensures that new or transferred employees receive department orientation and are properly trained to perform assigned duties.
- Accurately and timely and in an unbiased nature completes performance evaluations that correctly reflect the employees' contribution.
- Responsible for ensuring Product Safety and Quality per standards of the SQF (Safe Quality Food) 2000 Code.
- In an unbiased and consistent manner, follows company policy and procedures in resolving worker complaints or, if unable to settle, submits issues to Manufacturing Manager, Plant Manager or Human Resources for action.
- Accurately, timely and, in accordance with Company procedures, prepares, inputs and processes various reports, paperwork or other administrative duties such as daily shift report attendance, payroll, vacations, corrective action and performance appraisals.
- Thoroughly investigates and prepares first report of injury or incident reports
- Works with Plant Safety personnel to put preventative measures in place
- Prepares or provides information used in the "measurements of success"
- Compliance with appropriate governmental regulatory requirements
- Will be required to become proficient with shop floor computer systems such as The Manufacturing Manager (TMM) and Machine Data Transducer (MDT).
Must be able to supervise, work independently and keep abreast of all mechanical needs on the production floor
Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills
Inline Plastics Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top