Manager, Learning and Organizational Improvement
For almost 50 years, we have been innovating, growing and bringing to market the best in crystal clear, 100% recyclable PET clamshell and two-piece packaging. Our products are designed to attractively merchandise products from the produce, deli, bakery, grocery, convenience store and food service industries. From our groundbreaking Safe-T-Fresh® line to our latest Crystal Fresh® line, we create innovative, award winning packaging that meets any need.
The Manager of Learning and Organizational Development is responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs and the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of employees. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing and managing the Centers of Excellence System.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages Learning and Organizational Improvement (LOI) strategies and process.
- Assesses LOI needs of operating, business and functional units.
- Leads the design, development and implementation of programs, policies and strategies tailored to meet LOI needs and program goals.
- Designs and executes key programmatic elements of the LOI process
- Evaluates strategies and programs to measure the achievements of established goals.
- Assists with the provision of expert facilitation and coaching to supervisors and managers regarding LOI methods and tools.
- Manages the individual development planning process for executives and emerging leaders.
- Provides consultative services to the business units regarding mentoring.
- Plans and leads short- and long-term planning for LOI programs.
- Prepares budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources.
- Indirect supervision of Training Coordinators through Plant HR Manager each performing similar and/or interrelated tasks and activities.
- Prepares reports, including charts and graphs, and presents recommendations for action plans to management.
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Director, Human Resources.
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- Global and Cultural Awareness
- Leadership and Navigation
- Relationship Management
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development/Organizational Behavior. Related experience considered in lieu of education. Six to 10 years of experience.
- Experience working with organizational development for operations in a large organizational and/or functional manufacturing business unit.
Preferred Education and Experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
- Adult Learning environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires 6 or more domestic trips per year.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Inline Plastics is an Equal Opportunities Employee.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top