Human Resources Generalist
Responsible for coordinating a wide range of activities to support the Connecticut operation under the direction of the Plant Human Resources Manager, with an indirect reporting relationship to the Plant Manager.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or changed.
- Monitors all employment applications that are submitted to ensure that each application is completed appropriately.
- Keeps weekly headcount records for full-time and temporary employees.
- Maintains and develops recruiting sources, posts open job positions internally and externally, sets up and performs initial interviews, verifies applicant qualifications, investigates references and schedules drug testing as necessary.
- Assists managers and or supervisors with interviews, performance reviews, verbal and written warnings, and at unemployment hearings.
- Completes orientation program with each new/temporary employee on the first day of employment. Explain Company policies and procedures, benefits, and individual and product safety. Ensures that all new hire paperwork and benefits enrollment paperwork is completed and forwarded to Corporate HR in a timely manner.
- Works with temporary employment agencies to secure services to assist with specific needs, maintaining accurate payroll records, resolving invoicing issues and tracking individuals work history.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Maintains and monitors personnel records, files, training records, insurance enrollment, and various reports for distribution to appropriate departments or individuals in a timely manner. Forwards all necessary paperwork to Corporate HR for placement in the Company's original personnel files.
- Coordinates necessary paperwork with Corporate HR/payroll as it relates to employee leave of absences.
- Assists with employee relation issues and gets managers, supervisors and Corporate HR involved on a timely basis.
- Performs quarterly audits of all hourly and salaried non-exempt attendance cards to ensure that the cards are filled out properly and signed by the employee on a timely basis.
- Distributes weekly payroll checks to proper departments.
- Interacts with managers, supervisors and or payroll to resolve issues with employee's payroll checks.
- Assists managers and or supervisors to ensure that Company policies and procedures are followed in a fair and consistent manner.
- Assists managers and or supervisors with any administrative duties as needed.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S) from four-year college or university or a broad theoretical/experiential knowledge equivalent to a four-year college or university education, and at least two years experience in a Human Resources role. Computer skills and data entry experience necessary. Language Skills - In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read, write and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, policies and procedures. Mathematical Skills - Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals, knowledge of the metric system is a plus. Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top