Facilities Maintenance Technician
Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that is among the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long Term Disability; Paid Holidays and Vacation; generous 401(k) company match at 100% up to 4.25% of salary; Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program
To our veterans and separated service members: You are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Inline Plastics. The skills you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you will consider sharing in our mission and consider a career with IP.
Monday - Friday 7am-3:30pm
This position performs facility related duties, maintains facility related equipment, maintains production related support equipment, and maintains company vehicles; will fill in for Setup Mechanic and Electro-Mechanical Technician.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes all tasks utilizing the lockout/tagout system in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coordinates equipment down time with Equipment Supervisor.
- Provides after hours/holiday support for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Correctly operates/maintains auxiliary equipment (i.e. case tapers, grinders, stackers, air compressors).
- Is proficient with equipment troubleshooting and is able to identify equipment issues that must be resolved to minimize downtime.
- Will install/repair electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and water system equipment.
- Will perform carpentry, plumbing, janitorial and grounds keeping duties.
- Orders replacement parts as needed for all systems and equipment.
- Must be able to perform occasional work from ladders at heights above 10'.
- Must be able to perform occasional work safely using the cherry picker at heights of about 30'.
- Works independently from blueprints, work orders and schematics.
- Is qualified to operate various lift trucks used in Production.
- Can perform all the required duties for the positions they can fill in for.
- Follow procedures for daily, weekly, monthly, and annual machine inspection, preventive maintenance, cleaning, and brings to the attention of supervision any items that may need to be corrected.
- Ensures that Lockout/Tagout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
- Ability to correctly troubleshoot equipment.
- Correctly and timely identify the root cause and makes the necessary corrections for problems such as air leaks, water leaks, strange equipment noises, etc.
- Properly completes paperwork, maintains accurate log books and other administrative documentation and duties.
- Maintains expertise in the Production Machine Data Transducer (MDT).
- Accurately communicates shift change information.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Follows IP product defense standards and complies with all Safe Quality Foods (SQF) requirements
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards.
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- Ability to work independently and responsibly. Good people skills required interacting with other personnel and management. Must have patience and a methodical approach to work. Must be able to determine root causes of failure.
- To service and troubleshoot various building support equipment; be able to use the following machines and equipment: Drill press, grinders, torques, stick welder, table saw, hi-lift ladders, basic power tools and common hand tools.
- Forklift operation certified. Maintain current forklift operation certification.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Generally willing to work overtime and holidays.
- Assists in facility shut-down and start-up as necessary.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Confidentiality - This person may be involved in extremely confidential work, and must possess the ability to understand the importance of corporate confidentiality and act accordingly.
- Must have a High School degree or equivalent. Five years prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment. Certificates in Welding, boiler repair, electronics, auto repair, and related a plus.
- Computer experience a plus.
- Technical school and / or degree a plus.
- In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to communicate on a one-on-one basis or in-group situations, understand instructions and follow SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Must have the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Must have the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to deal with a variety of problems.
- In an 8-hour shift while performing this job, the employee may be required to sit, stand or walk.
- Physical activities include lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending and twisting.
- This job occasionally requires changing molds and heaters where items weighing 150-300 lbs. are pulled from a shelf onto a "Big Joe" moving machine. Storage heights are from 12 inches above floor level to five feet height.
- Moving heavy equipment is occasionally required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Kneeling, stooping, crouching or crawling is frequently required.
Back to top