Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
This position is responsible for facilitating the required health and safety programs to ensure the facility remains in compliance with all Corporate, OSHA, Federal, State and Environmental health requirements under the direction of the Plant Manager, with and indirect reporting relationship to the Corporate Safety Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for facilitating all aspects of the safety program, including safety manual revisions, standard operating procedures, safety training and scheduling. Annually reviews all safety and environmental policies required by corporate.
- Facilitates regular safety committee meetings and inspections at facility.
- Conducts and facilitates training in such areas as, including but not limited to, new hire safety orientation, ergonomics, emergency response, lockout/tagout, hazard communication, forklift, and machine guarding. Collaborates with manufacturing shift supervision to understand safety training needs. Evaluates trainee's performance. Conducts refresher training when needed.
- Confers with Plant Manager to recommend safety improvements to reduce overall recordable rate in the facility.
- Confers with managers and supervisors to audit and implement best practices for safety, occupational health and environmental performance.
- Responsible for following and enforcing corporate safety practices. Confers with Plant Manager and Corporate Safety to discuss safety violations.
- Investigates all safety related incidents, reviews incident reports and completes the necessary reports for insurance carrier, corporate safety and risk management in a timely manner.
- Reports and monitors all incidents and potential violations. Analyzes accident statistics and recommends corrective action as needed. Supports the plant's efforts to minimize workers' compensation costs through proper case management and follow through.
- Maintains safety records for the facility; properly documents all safety related training and maintains these records for use during audits, inspections and employee review.
- Manage, maintain and submit all Corporate, Federal, State and local regulatory compliance required documentation in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to monthly training, calendars, permit driven documents, safety and workers' compensation reports.
- Ability to travel when required and respond to emergencies on a 24/7 platform.
- Ability to work a schedule to meet the demands of the business which may include weekends, holidays, or evenings.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant and Corporate Safety.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning.
- Adheres to Lockout/Tagout (LO/TO) procedures any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and/or Environmental Health related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience with 5+ years experience in safety and/or environmental management; manufacturing industry preferred. Knowledge of Federal and State safety and health regulations. Knowledge of OSHA regulations 1910 and 1926. Must have demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Language - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine procedures, reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematics - Work with mathematical statistics, probability and applications. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers, multiply and divide by 10's, and calculate figures and amounts such as percentages.
- Reasoning - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving a variety of situations. Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, equations, graphs, etc.)
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top