- Pulls or pick orders and examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications, checking for correctness and accuracy of count.
- Complies with customer requirements by ensuring error free shipments.
- Accurately verifies labels and placards as needed.
- Properly operates pallet stretch wrap machine.
- Minimizes product damage caused by warehouse activity through safe work practices.
- Ensures all received items are inspected for damage and the BOL is filled out properly if damage occurs. Must ensure that all items are placed in proper location and in a timely manner.
- Must be qualified to operate various lift trucks used in Production and in the warehouse.
- Must loads/unload waiting trailers.
- Must operate forklift to load and unload trucks, move, convey, transport, or locate product within the facility.
- Must be able to use computer to generate various paperwork required in the movement of finished goods and raw materials to supply both manufacturing operations and the customer. Performs various computer-related functions utilizing company software.
- Files all shipping packets on a regular basis.
- Arranges all finished product and incoming materials in the warehouse in an orderly manner, according to warehouse location plan to allow for FIFO selection.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and reports damages and shortages to their supervisor.
- Conducts inventory cycle counts as directed.
- Assists in taking periodic physical inventory. Maintains 99% or above inventory accuracy levels.
- Ensures that good housekeeping practices are followed. Clean up any loose wood, stretch wrap, and banding.
- Monitor warehouse SQF requirements.
- Ensure that no pallets are placed on the white perimeter or blocking the emergency exits.
- Understands and can demonstrate the material identifications per SOP 8.1-5
- Must be aware at all times of safety of personnel/self and quality of product being transported.
- Immediately report any problems with quality of product to Distribution Manager.
- Follow procedures for daily checklist and brings to the attention of supervisor any items that may need to be fixed or looked at.
- Ability to identify when equipment is not functioning properly.
- Properly completes paperwork, maintains transfers documentation and other administrative documentation and duties.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards.
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee.
- Follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements.
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
- Can perform all the required duties for the position they can fill in for.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment.
- Forklift operation certified.
- In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
In an 8-hour shift while performing this job, the employee may be required to sit, stand or walk.
- Physical activities include lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending and twisting.
- Pallet stacking of boxes of 25-30 lbs. are performed frequently.
- 700-1300 lbs. pallets are occasionally pulled (12-13 pallets/day) approximately 40' with a pallet jack.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Moving plastic rolls (approximately up to 3000 lbs) positioning them to be loaded onto machines.
Back to top