Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
A Customer Service Representative deals with customers directly either face to face, electronically, or via telephone and will respond to the customer inquiries promptly and accurately in regards to providing Product Information, Sales Order Processing, Tracing of shipments. Customer Service rep is responsible to support and assist Inline's Internal customer base which includes; Inline Sales, Outside Brokers Representatives, Manufacturing & Distribution handled in GA, UT & CT plants, Finance and Distribution Departments.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
- Confer with customer by phone or e-mail to provide information about Inline's products and services
- Process all new sales/sample orders accurately and in a timely manner, verifying orders for accuracy and e-mailing or faxing confirmations to customer and sales management.
- Analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution to resolve problems. Identify the underlining principles, reasons or facts.
- Evaluate information using individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with the policies and standards of the company.
- Handling complaints, assisting in the settling of disputes, and resolving conflicts
- Resolve customer service or billing complaints within 2 weeks by investigating the reasons for deductions being taken (except for loss, shortage or damaged product) and advise on findings and actions to be taken.
- Issue Return Authorizations (RA) for approval
- Issue Transfers Requests from DC's
- Trace shipments as needed
- Maintain the Pricing tables for accuracy
- Maintains accuracy of the Backorder/Open Sales Order Reports
- Attends daily Production meetings in CT, GA & UT when needed and communicates the production changes & schedules to the Customer Service/Sales Dept.
- Responsible for posting of sales orders to include third party warehouses to create invoice revenue. Maintain and monitor inventories for replenishments.
- Keeping up to date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Forecasting for Major customers
- Performing day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining files and processing paperwork
- Process International Import/Export paperwork as required
- Special Projects as required by Inline Management
- Must be able to work independently as well in a team setting
- Ability to interpret documents such as contracts, purchase orders, equipment specifications and manuals.
- Must be able to write & process new orders and generate routine reports and correspondences.
- Must be able to speak professionally and clearly via telephone or in person to customers, management as well as other key employees
- Excellent oral/written communication skills; Must be able to communicate information and ideas in writing (emails) so others will understand them
- Must be able to calculate discounts and interest figures
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to product answers
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a 4 year college, with a degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Management. At least 2 years of Customer Service Experience. Personal computer skills such as word processing, Excel, Power Point, Internet, etc. Possesses excellent telephone manners - a great listener. Ability to learn product knowledge and to communicate this knowledge to customers.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top