The Custodian Handyman performs facility-related duties and assists with maintenance technician's projects and custodian's cleaning tasks as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs facility-related duties and recordkeeping as required.
- Changes and moves lighting fixtures (no power).
- Mixes mortar and cement and moves/sets cement blocks.
- Performs seasonal duties regarding grounds keeping, including cutting trees/bushes and snow removal.
- Carries beeper for 24-hour access in case of emergency maintenance of air compressors, boiler, and furnace; on-call for seven-day period on a six-week rotating basis; may have to work a holiday if down time provided; must be able to work occasional overtime.
- Assists Maintenance Technician with projects and Assistant Custodian with cleaning tasks as needed.
Skills and Competencies:
- Communication: Ability to communicate one-on-one and in groups, complete task sheets, and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Logical reasoning: Ability to understand detailed instructions and troubleshoot problems.
- Mathematical: Ability to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions, and decimals.
- Technical: Experience in electronic facilities management systems a plus.
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED). Previous experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity, and cold.
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
- Attend scheduled EH&S training program.
- Actively support the organization's efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans.
- Recommend improved EH&S practices.
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company or the terms of any collective bargaining agreement. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.
Back to top