Custodian (2nd Shift)
Keeps offices, production, warehouse, cafeterias and restrooms at all facilities (Shelton, Milford and Distribution Center) in clean and orderly condition. Maintains exterior parking lots, buildings and grounds at all facilities.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cleans floors by mopping, sweeping or buffing using industrial vacuum cleaners and buffing machines
- Empties trash receptacles
- Dusts furniture, window sills, etc.
- Cleans and disinfects toilet fixtures, faucets, mirrors and countertops
- Removes snow from sidewalks and performs other seasonal tasks as needed
- Flexibility to fill in on other shifts if needed.
- Collect and Bail Plastic and Shrink Wrap from Production.
- Operate, Fill, Clean and dispose of dirty water in Floor Scrubber
- Assist Maintenance Tech as Needed
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - Must have a valid Connecticut driver's license. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is helpful.
- Language Skills - Must be able to communicate on a one-on-one basis or in group situations, understand instructions and follow SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to carry out simple written and verbal instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; to walk; use hands to finger, and reach with hands and arms.
2. The employee is required to climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
3. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Occasionally, the employee must be able to climb a ladder to a height of ten feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to cold conditions.
3. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
4. Reasonable care in performing own work is necessary to prevent injury to others. An accident, should it occur, would result in minor injuries such as cuts, abrasions, burns or bruises.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top