Corporate Logistics Manager
The Corporate Logistics Manager oversees and manages all logistics activities for Inline Plastics Corp. (IPC) through inter-actions with Sales and Marketing and Logistics personnel. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, distribution, transportation, inventory and sales and operations planning (S&OP).
This position will assist the Sr Director of Manufacturing in building aligned logistics strategies linked to IPC's strategic imperatives and be proactive in the implementation of these strategies.
- Manage the Inline Plastics Corp. Global Logistics & DC Operations for CT, GA, and UT locations.
- Manage up to eight indirect reports including DC site Managers/Supervisors, Freight Payment Coordinators.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely shipping of make to stock customer sales orders through their requested delivery targeting (98.5% fill rate targets.) Manage key customer service processes including:
- Accurate pricing and the maintenance of approximately 12,000 price files. Coordinate with Sales and Finance, timely processing of price increases to the customer base.
- Efficient processing of customer Sales and Sample orders targeting input within 24 hours of receipt.
- Daily coordination between the CT, GA and UT branches including stock availability, dock dates to meet customer delivery dates and the use of the most efficient transportation modes.
- Proactively notify customers of potential or actual backorders on a timely basis.
- International paperwork, incoterms and scheduling of outbound shipments whether through a broker or direct.
- Maintain and enforce all policies and procedures to include, but not limited to, item code designations, customer returns, chargebacks, authorized freight procedures and pricing.
- Reviews, organizes and revises procedures to insure order entry accuracy, completeness, uniformity and timeliness of deliveries.
- Visit customers, with Sales, to enhance mutually beneficial warehousing and transportation projects.
- Interface with customers, Inline Sales and Marketing regarding upcoming promotions, forecasts and product launches.
- Lead S&OP facilitation. Provide agenda to Executives, plant managers and planners which addresses key areas of cross functional focus include forecasting, capacity, inventory and intercompany transfers.
- Provide input to senior management regarding freight, customer service and intercompany projections for all shipping sites.
- Manage the process of coordinating transfers within TMM on all tooling, raw material and finished goods requests within the three plant network.
- Establish Transportation Modes for all three facilities and creating Routing Guides for these facilities for the most cost efficient deliveries to our customers.
- Analysis and recommendation to include LTL, TL, Intermodal, Air, Small Package and International, and responsible to revise, improve, or recommend procedures to reduce cost and transit time.
- Manage freight invoice processing function for all shipping locations.
- Ensure appropriate coordination and communication with Manufacturing and Finance departments.
- Manage cross functional communication and processes associated with chargebacks and freight claims on a timely basis.
- Facilitate and coordinate customer needs with the three manufacturing planners and plant managers as needed.
- Coordinate efforts with Information Technology (I.T.) in order to systematize departmental efforts (CorVu, EDI, Salesforce, Small package interface). IT and associated cloud applications (Transportation Management System (TMS)) play a key part within the logistics field in forecasting increasingly complex systems of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation.
- Insures company's compliance with quality (SQF) initiatives as well as appropriate governmental regulatory requirements.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the warehouse & distribution departments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards.
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee.
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements.
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics or technical business-related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten years' experience in a supply chain or logistics management role.
- In-depth knowledge of logistics functions, technologies and industry-best practices.
- Must possess excellent analytical (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets and data bases) and strong supervisory skills in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Experience with EDI and auto ID preferred.
- 3PL experience and APICs certification a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong mathematical skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor colleagues.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management within the organization.
- Ability to coordinate multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and situations rapidly and effective.
- Must possess a high degree of managerial courage and a willingness to be candid and direct.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies and tactics.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top