Business Development Leader/Manager - (Must live in the Northern California area)
Primary responsibility encompasses sales to regional multi-unit chains and large processors for Inline Plastics in an assigned territory. The Business Development Manager will identify target markets and accounts and formulate strategies to penetrate them. Additional responsibilities include: coordinating sales efforts with the National Account Manager, Account Managers and brokers in the assigned area. Forecasting business and budgeting expenses will be required. The overriding goal of these positions is to execute the sales plan formulated by the Regional Sales Manager by driving sales through direct customer contact. The position will require the ability to seek out and close decision makers at regional multi-accounts and large processor. Success is this position is measured by finished good sales to regional multi-units and key processors. This position will require extensive travel in an assigned region or be tasked with augmenting key account activities in other regions.
- Identifies researches and/or qualifies targeted account prospects in a specific geography or vertical market segment.
- Makes contact with the appropriate management levels and decision makers within the potential client organization to propose and secure new account agreements.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations that address prospective clients' needs and leads to the establishment of new account agreements/contracts.
- Assess existing customer potential and communicate to management the viability of maintaining existing accounts and seeking new opportunities.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information of targeted accounts and competitive information associated with these accounts for use in potential proposals/agreements.
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with potential national accounts and the field sales organization to arouse interest in the national account program and eventually sign up new accounts.
- Responds to prospective customer Requests for Information and Proposal and negotiates pricing and other terms of new national account agreements with prospective clients to ensure maximum revenue.
- Sells complex value added products to clients, and represents Inline Plastics at trade shows and industry functions.
- Communicates all aspects of newly prospected and signed account agreements to Account Managers and field sales to ensure proper transition, roll-out, penetration and development of new agreements.
- Fosters the Inline Plastics culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of Inline Plastics' mission.
- Advise management when a strategic advantage or reason may warrant certain business as a target and justification of low margin pricing.
- Assist in budgeting for sales and marketing expenses.
- Assist in forecasting future business
- Weekly Report to Manager on information regarding new opportunities, closed sales, and future goal setting.
- Utilize systems to collect and maintain data from sales call reports to track and analyze success and failures.
- Utilize systems for monitoring sales activities of the sales force with respect to weekly sales calls and itineraries.
- Utilize systems for tracking market and competitor information as it regards the current sales activities.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to compose letters in response to customer requests.
- Must be able to make prospective customer contacts and explain features of product, or make recommendations based on customer's needs.
- Interact with customers or potential customers via the telephone, at trade shows, or company meetings.
- Strong mathematical skills and reasoning ability
- Must live in the Northern California area
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top