Job Title: Product Manager
Department: Product Management
Reports To: Executive Team
FLSA Status: Exempt/ Salaried
Supervise the work of others: No
Position Summary: Responsible for working across the entire product development life cycle to drive the vision and delivery of new products and features to meet growth goals.
This involves conducting market and customer research, roadmap planning, prioritization, pricing, execution, and finally coordinating go-to-market strategies when launching a new product or feature.
To conduct this role successfully, the Product Manager must engage stakeholders in all areas of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities: This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned.
- Responsible for building new product solutions based on client and/or market needs
- Conduct product research
- Know the customer, be able to identify solutions to current problems, or gaps in existing offerings.
- Collect and analyze data to identify opportunities to expand into new and existing industry segments.
- Identify best in class alternative market pricing.
- Organize, lead, and use collaborative methods to gather information for various research projects, should be the voice of the customer.
- Need to understand "how" clients use solutions and how it can drive overall return on investment (ROI).
- Create and maintain a database on competitive products, market share, and ongoing industry/product updates with applicable teams.
- Develop and present reporting that details data and research findings. Use the data to truly drive the product solution and tell the story of "why" to all stakeholders
- Product Vision
- Ensure customer needs are incorporated into product design.
- Create the customer value statement and marketing materials
- Prioritize the time to develop the business case for long term portfolio management/bundle development.
- Develop a full and complete product roadmap
- Develop a product/solution roadmap and be able to tactically manage to a project list
- Realistically create a strategic timeline from vision to testing to the release plan.
- Use a more formal approach to Beta testing and product deployment.
- Develop enhanced results monitoring.
- Use market research to determine product pricing, review production and sales costs, while forecasting sales.
- Collaborate cross divisionally throughout the product solution strategy process to stay on target with strategic plan.
- Be transparent and adjust prioritization when needed along the way.
- Beyond product launch
- Use the product roadmap as a tool to keep people aware of updates throughout the product life cycle.
- Ongoing assessment of market competition.
- Analyze product ratings/reviews and initiate optimization of product through Post Sales support project management process.
- Ability to identify and communicate when a product is at the end of its life cycle and develop an exit in the market.
- 3+ years' experience in product management or related field (program management, product marketing, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or another related field
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Able to give high energy and informative presentations to current and potential customers
- Project management skills and the ability to lead multiple work streams and multiple projects.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work/collaborate with senior and upper level leadership across the company
- Strong process orientation and implementation
- Passion for technology and its ability to support a data driven business environment
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand complex analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; ensure compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems.
Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate for hours at a time, use computer equipment. Moderate noise level and limited exposure to physical risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Knowledge of modern business communication, office procedures and methods. Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages such as Microsoft Office 365. Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork cross divisionally.
Equipment Used: headsets, telephones, computer, other equipment as needed.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Night and weekend hours may be a requirement at times. Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, credit, and/or criminal background check.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities under the ADA to perform essential job functions
Back to top