IT Application Developer - SQL
Job Title: Application Developer – SQL Track
Department: IT-Client Services
Reports to: IT Manager, IT Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salaried
Schedule: Monday - Friday; Day Shift hours
Position Summary: Responsible for designing and testing program logic, coding programs, program documentation, and monitoring and support of existing production programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and installs modified and new programs.
Programs are efficient, thorough, accurate, and timely.
- Utilizes coding methods for specific programming languages to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance to meet goals and objectives.
Program performance is efficient, accurate, and timely.
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and responds to errors and emergency problems. Monitoring is timely, complete, and effective. Errors and problems are fixed in a timely, thorough, and effective manner.
- Works within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner. Goals and objectives are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted by management. Problems are corrected in a timely, accurate, and complete manner.
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding, and establishes required checks and balances for operational controls. Program logic and controls are efficient, accurate, and timely.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of programming procedures, regulatory best-practices and development standards. Knowledge is thorough, beneficial, and timely.
- Produces procedural documentation as required. Documentation is accurate, complete, and timely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study; and two or more years related experience. - or - Associate's degree (A.A.) in computer science or information technology from two-year college or technical school; and three or more years related experience.
- General knowledge of data processing system design methods, techniques and standards.
Experience in software development environments such as, but not limited to:
- 1 year experience latest version of MS SQL Server
- SQL Language
- Transact-SQL Stored Procedures
- 6 months experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 6 months experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or similar reporting software.
- Proven ability to understand and utilize relational database concepts such as keys, foreign keys, indexes and logical relationships across data tables, databases and servers
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of MS Outlook
- Knowledge of MS VB, C#, and/or ASP.NET is a plus but not required
Essential Job Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand complex analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; develop team to meet and exceed company standards; ensure compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems.
Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate for hours at a time, use computer equipment. Moderate noise level and limited exposure to physical risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Knowledge of modern business communication, office procedures and methods. Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork.
Equipment Used: headsets, telephones, computer, other office equipment as needed.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, credit, and/or criminal background check.
Back to top