Entry Level Management - Huntington, WV
- Huntington, WV
Job Title: Entry Level Management - Program Supervisor
Department: Call Center Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt/ Salaried
Supervise the work of others: Yes
Position Summary: Responsible for communications, coaching, and development of call center staff who specialize in acquiring and cultivating donors for the nation's most influential conservative groups. Maximizes efficiency and accuracy of each project. Occasionally interfaces with many of the leading conservative committees to ensure satisfaction. Supervises quality control procedures and daily activities of the production staff to ensure efficient workflow and timely completion of jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities: This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned.
- Monitor political fundraising calls and provide feedback or corrective action to call center staff. Feedback is timely, appropriate, productive, and documented.
- Coach communicators who raise money for the some of the nation's most influential conservative interest groups including the National Republican Congressional Committee and the National Rifle Association. Communication is friendly, helpful, accurate, and timely. Relationships with all customers are efficient, friendly, and professional.
- Monitor and develop methods to improve call center performance. Methods are appropriate, documented, communicated, and timely.
- Assists employees when necessary. Performance of project members at or above standards.
- Adjust scripts to target the needs of specific Conservative clients and improve program results. Scripts are appropriate, documented, timely, and effective.
- Support and coach customer service representatives in managing complaints. Issues are appropriately resolved, documented, timely, and accurate.
- Ensures each employee is trained on whatever job is assigned. Training occurs. Output is correct at every step in process. Errors are minimal.
- Maintains records and writes reports to monitor and evaluate training activities and program effectiveness. All records and reports are current, accurate, and complete.
- Troubleshoots, forward thinking, and solves problems. Resolutions are realized quickly.
- At shifts end, verifies all equipment has been turned off and area is neat and orderly. Records confirmation of spot checks.
- Confers with managers, trainers, or communicators to determine training needs. Communications are effective, clear, organized, timely, accurate, and complete.
- Coordinates with and assists other managers. Support is timely and helpful.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees and contractors to promote a cooperative working environment and to facilitate continued learning and improvement. Morale, learning, and productivity are high.
- Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, processes, efficiency, and service to both internal and external customers. Methods and processes are effective and timely.
- Ensures all company policies are followed and makes corrections as needed.
- Policies are communicated and feedback is continuous.
- Communicates clearly and directly with employees and contractors concerning performance expectations, productivity, and accountability. Communication is ongoing, clear, concise, and complete.
- Review performance with staff members, measure employee performance, provide feedback and coaching. Goals for performance are documented, communicated, measurable, and reviewed.
- Conducts employee reviews. Records and confirms reviews, production quality demonstrates employee motivation.
- Review ongoing performance results and identify needs of employees. Implement coaching or mentoring partnerships as appropriate. Develop employees for future advancement when possible. Teams performance meets or exceeds company standards. Employee development is accessible to department employees.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Experience in management, coaching and communication, facilitation and conflict resolution, data analysis, and previous call center experience is helpful but not required.
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work. Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques, and applicable production methods.
Second language in locations where required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Maintains a valid Drivers License.
Essential Job Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand complex analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; develop team to meet and exceed company standards; ensure compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems.
Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate for hours at a time, use computer equipment. Moderate noise level and limited exposure to physical risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Knowledge of modern business communication, office procedures and methods. Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork.
Equipment Used: headsets, telephones, computer, other office equipment as needed.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, credit, and/or criminal background check.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities under the ADA to perform essential job functions.
Back to top