Director, New Business Development
Infocision is seeking a Director, New Business Development.
Job Description: Job Title: Director- New Business Development
Reports To: Executive Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervise the work of others: No
Responsible for the execution of sales strategies, initiating contacts with potential and existing customers, identifying their needs, and selling appropriate services to meet those needs. The Director of New Business Development must have the ability to generate new client sales that is both profitable and mutually beneficial to InfoCision. Travel required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned.
- Conducts initial sales call(s) to gather information to qualify need, interest, and sales potential, identify sales contacts, define the buying process, sell the benefits of doing business with InfoCision, and begin a personal sales relationship. Sales calls are productive and timely.
- Provides information and answers questions about InfoCision’s services, pricing, policies, and procedures that impact business transactions. Information provided is accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Provides verbal and written quotes, including follow-up sales calls on all quotes. Quotes are accurate and timely.
- Coordinates sales activities as needed with Divisional VP of New Business Development, Call Center Management, and IT Management on price negotiation, systems or support needs, customer problems resolution, and inter-company coordination. Sales activities are profitable and productive.
- Gathers, records, and maintains client/account information, data, call notes, follow-up calling, and mailing schedules. Information is helpful, accurate, and timely.
- Analyzes marketing potential of target prospects and sales statistics, reviews operational records and reports in order to project sales and determine profitability. Analyzes sales statistics to determine sales potential, and monitors the preferences of customers. Review and analysis is appropriate and timely.
- Uses database to manage accounts, track customer survey results, define report formats, analyze results, and conduct promotional activities or other events. All reports and activities are accurate, timely, and productive.
- With Divisional VP of New Business Development, conducts periodic account base adjustment to add new accounts or delete existing accounts. Adjustments are accurate and timely.
- Confers or consults with department heads to help plan marketing strategies. Communication is effective and ongoing.
- Reads trade magazines and sales publications to stay informed about industry trends, sales skills and selling techniques. Trade information is utilized to its utmost potential.
- Designs and schedules promotional mailings to assigned accounts. Mailings are effective and timely.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment. Morale is high.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of specific account(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and at least five years sales experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Essential Job Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand complex analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; develop team to meet and exceed company standards; ensure compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems.
Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate for hours at a time, use computer equipment. Moderate noise level and limited exposure to physical risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Knowledge of modern business communication, office procedures and methods. Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork.
Equipment Used: headsets, telephones, computer, other office equipment as needed.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, credit, and/or criminal background check.
Back to top