Call Center Support Coordinator
The Help Desk Analyst position will provide phone and desk side support to internal customers encompassing thirteen locations throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. This person will provide assistance relating to computer, telephony and networking problems, proprietary and commercial software packages, services and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties may be required and/or assigned.
- Respond to all requests for support services submitted via WEB, Email, and Phone and document these requests within call management software.
- Document all reported and discovered issues requiring IT intervention in the electronic call management software package in a manner that will allow trend analysis.
- Conduct 1st level problem determination researches and resolves technical issues using documented procedures and available tools. Record problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion in an effort to communicate with and properly utilize IT staff.
- Provide daily updates to users on the status of all active support incidents.
- Diagnose and repair problems in various areas such as cabling, data communication, PC hardware, operating systems, commercial software applications, proprietary processes and applications, and network login problems.
- Ensure problem resolution by maintaining an Action Plan for problem resolution, by initiating and tracking problem assignments to technical resources, vendors, and so forth, and by keeping the customer updated on the status of problem resolution.
- Initiate escalation to Senior Help Desk Analysts and Supervisor as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented service levels.
- Assist customers with installation, configuration, and maintenance of software and systems.
- Act as a liaison between Senior Help Desk Analysts and the user for purpose of resolving problems, explaining procedures and communication of information.
- Assist with Call Center moves, adds, and changes.
- Manage special project as assigned
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum of two years working in a technical (IT) help desk and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems including Windows XP.
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN Network Architecture and Network Protocols.
- Understanding and experience with PC Hardware repairs and troubleshooting.
- Strong problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability. Good initiative and assertiveness.
- Good project management skills and the ability to organize work in an efficient manner in addition to the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, peers, and management.
- Sr Help Desk Analyst
- Help Desk Supervisor
- Sr Help Desk Supervisor
Essential Job Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand complex analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems with software, networking and/or hardware.
Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate, use computer equipment. Moderate noise level and limited exposure to physical risk. Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must have superior troubleshooting ability with hardware and software in a client/server networking environment. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision.
Equipment Used: headsets, telephones, computer, other equipment as needed.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, credit and/or criminal background check. Flexibility to occasionally work hours outside of normally scheduled shift to complete Call Center moves, adds, and changes is required.
Back to top