Account Representative - Commercial Division
Job Title: Account Representative
Reports To: Account Executive / Senior Account Representative
FLSA Status: Exempt/ Salaried
Supervise the work of others: No
Account Representatives work to execute customer service strategies, initiating contacts with existing and potential clients, identifying their needs, and communicating with other departments in the company in order to serve the client and increase their ROI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned.
- Communicates with clients to gather information to qualify needs, interests, and sales potential. Communication with client is productive and timely.
- Provides information and answers questions about InfoCision's services, pricing, policies, and procedures that impact business transactions. Information given is accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Evaluates changes in the clients' needs and interests for purposes of defining and adjusting call strategies, and specific call objectives. Analysis is efficient, accurate, and timely.
- Analyzes and compares achieved results versus goals. Projections are accurate.
- Analyzes the database to project program potential, i.e., number of calls, type of script, and use of value-added services. Analysis is efficient and accurate.
- Gathers, records, and maintains account information, data, call notes, follow-up calling, and calling schedules. Information is helpful, accurate, and timely.
- Oversees testing strategies to determine effectiveness of the scripts and expected program goals. Output is correct in every step in process.
- Communicates clearly and directly with the call center staff regarding program expectations, productivity, and accountability. Communication is ongoing, clear, concise, and complete.
- Suggests and makes recommendations to improve operations, processes, efficiency, and service to business customers. Methods and processes are effective and timely.
- Knows the status of the program -- revenue, conversion rate, sales per hour, completed calls per hour, service level, and abandon rate. Recollects information quickly and accurately.
- Trains call center staff on new and existing campaigns. Trainings are effective and information is accurate.
- Monitors programs or campaigns from the beginning to the termination of the campaign. Assessment yields beneficial marketing information.
- Offers constructive, analytical and objective advice on programming based on past experience and analysis of the data. Advice is frequent and worthy, accurate and substantiated with data.
- Communicates the needs of clients to other departments that will be working in the campaign implementation. Communication is ongoing, clear, concise and effective.
- Uses InfoCision's processes to manage accounts, track program results, define computer report formats, content needed to analyze results, do planning tasks, and billing. Information is accurate, timely, and productive.
- Approves the invoicing and payment of commissions that the Accounting Department produces. Invoices, codes, and payments are processed in an accurate, timely, and complete manner.
- Ensures that the department spreadsheets, both daily and monthly, are consistent with the client memo reports generated by the IT department. Files and invoices are orderly, complete and accurate.
- Maintains clients' files to ensure client memos are in the right format. Computer files are in a format compatible with InfoCision software.
- Reviews and audits records and files for thoroughness. Records are accurate, timely, and complete.
- Conducts periodic account base adjustment to add new accounts or delete existing accounts. Adjustments are accurate and timely.
- Participates in departmental meetings and training programs. Participation is beneficial and timely.
- Keeps current with new company services, products, new or changing business policies and practices. Information of new services is accurate and timely.
- Reads trade magazines and telemarketing publications to stay informed about industry trends, sales skills and selling techniques. Trade information is utilized to its utmost potential.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement. Morale and productivity are high.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of specific account(s). Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising program performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Require a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college and/or meet the following qualifications:
- No disciplinary action within the last six (6) months; twelve (12) with permission
- Performs in their current role successfully and is recommended by their Manager and Director
- A minimum (12) months experience as a Program Supervisor, Assistant Sales Manager, Sales Manager, or Call Center Supervisor
- Senior Account Representative
- Account Executive
- Senior Account Executive
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Maintains a valid Driver's License.
Essential Job Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand complex analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; develop team to meet and exceed company standards; ensure compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems.
Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate for hours at a time, use computer equipment. Moderate noise level and limited exposure to physical risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Knowledge of modern business communication, office procedures and methods. Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork.
Equipment Used: headsets, telephones, computer, other office equipment as needed.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, credit, and/or criminal background check.
Meet Some of InfoCision's Employees
Michael M.Data Account Specialist
Michael manages a team of telephone services solution experts who assist customers in creating customized communication systems, as well as implementing and supporting them.
Back to top