Learning & Development Specialist
- Flexible / Remote
The Learning & Development Specialist supports the organization by designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions & projects. The person in this role will primarily conduct virtual training for our Support Team, and possibly expand to other teams as the organization grows. For over ten years, Inflection has sourced and analyzed billions of public records to create fair and innovative solutions to help companies make better and faster decisions about who they should hire and who they should trust. The Company’s flagship business, GoodHire, currently provides employment screening solutions to more than 80,000 companies across the US. Launched in 2013, GoodHire has consistently led the market with our intuitive, thoughtful, and user-focused designs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work in a highly complex and fast-paced environment, meeting aggressive deadlines to support organizational growth and success
- Conduct virtual new hire trainings for our Support team—up to 20 learners at a time
- Present and facilitate classroom and virtual trainings
- Manage learning projects end-to-end: from pre-training analysis to post-training evaluation
- Conduct needs analysis, including task, learner, and performance analyses
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, managers, and business stakeholders to ensure buy-in of learning solutions
- Design learning plans, schedules, and curriculum using evidence-based training methods
- Develop learning materials, including presentation materials, e-learning modules, job aids, and other content
- Coordinate resources as needed, including rooms and technologies, to complete training initiatives
- Measure the effectiveness of training initiatives, evaluating the results, and implementing enhancements
- Maintain a library of learning assets, including knowledge management tools (e.g. Guru)
- Maintain knowledge of our products and services
- Support related teams with special projects
YOU'LL BE A FANTASTIC MATCH FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- At least 2 year experience working in a fast-paced environment (e.g. at a startup)developing and delivering learning solutions in a formal capacity. Virtual training experience is required.
- Excellent needs analysis skills, including task and learner analysis. You're the type of person who does their research and seeks out answers.
- Proficient instructional design and learning science skills. You're the type of person who can separate learning facts from fiction.
- Proficient presentation and facilitation skills. You're the type of person who can read a room and keep everyone's attention.
- Excellent technology skills. You can multitask effectively on a computer and you know how to use G Suite (e.g. Slides), learning management systems (e.g.Rise.com), e-learning authoring tools (e.g. Storyline), content authoring tools(e.g. Snagit), and virtual presentation tools (e.g. Zoom).
- Proficient writing and editing skills. You're the type of person who can articulate your thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Proficient information design and content development skills. You're the type of person who can create infographics to communicate abstract ideas.
- Proficient collaboration skills. You're the type of person who isn't afraid to work with others, handle conflict, and find solutions.
- Fundamental project management skills. You're the type of person who can scope and manage learning projects, and you have a plan B when needed.
- Fundamental evaluation and measurement skills. You know how to tie learning outcomes to business metrics.
- Experience working in contact or support centers is a plus!
TO WIT, INFLECTION OFFERS:
- Innovative, high growth products that customers love
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- High energy team with mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley/Prairie veterans
- Learning and Development funds to enhance and learn new skills
- Diversity and Inclusion program
- 3 days off per year to volunteer
YOU BELIEVE WORK IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST THE BOTTOM LINE
We don’t want to just be good at what we do; we want to be good for the world. We’ve met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We care about all stakeholders, including customers, employees, and the community.
Back to top