Trusted Crop Marketer
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Indigo Marketplace is helping to transform the agriculture industry, by allowing farmers a new way to market their grain. The Trusted Crop Marketer will serve as a subject matter expert for grain marketing, supporting Grower Account Managers in their work of facilitating transactions between growers and buyers. The successful candidate will combine a knowledge of commodities markets with a passion for helping growers identify sources of value for their crop.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to Account Managers in a given geographical region, supporting them with Grain Marketing knowledge, Farm Risk Management, and Good Bid Plays
- From the Indigo Commercial Headquarters in Memphis, TN, build and develop relationships with Account Managers in a given geography, helping them to reach expert level in assisting growers in their grain marketing decisions.
- Demonstrate geographical understanding of environmental factors, crops, growing practices, existing grain buyers, local basis, and other elements that could affect the grain market.
- Work with Buyer Account Managers to understand the nuances of Marketplace bids; for example, feedlots looking for specific corn protein profiles to output premium dairy products
- Facilitate customer technology use of the Marketplace platform, including assisting customers in setting up profiles, user-acceptance trainings, and regular check-ins.
- Understand individual grower crop profiles and provide appropriate feedback to buyer teams, with the goal of creating additional value beyond price alone
- Work closely with the Logistics team to see transactions through to complete delivery at buyer
- Stay abreast of new developments within Indigo Marketplace and integrate them into conversations with growers and Account Managers
- Ensure positive customer experience throughout every interaction
- Work closely with buyer teams to provide market feedback
- Facilitate Grower Offers by working as the intermediary between Growers, Buyers, Account Managers, and Tech
Attributes and Competencies:
- Strong people skills with service mindset
- Adept at building relationships and working with cross-functional teams
- Strong phone communication with diverse audiences (farmers, internal teams, etc.)
- Ability to identify sources of value-add for farmers and Indigo
- Aligned with mission, believes passionately in Indigo’s values
- Familiarity with grain and/or futures markets preferred
- Personal or professional experience with agriculture a plus
- Grain desk and/or grain pricing experience preferred but not required
Back to top