Staff Software Engineer, Marketplace Platform
- Boston, MA
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Staff Software Engineer, Marketplace Platform
The Staff Software Engineer, Marketplace Platform will engineer interfaces for Indigo’s Marketplace offering with a focus on backend applications supporting automated trading, financial engineering and operations research at scale. This person is responsible for maximizing code reusability while also considering API design, model deployment considerations, and the testability of the APIs. This person will also be a critical member of a highly efficient and cohesive engineering team that is focused on the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Onboarded with at least one complete feature done within 30 days
- Design APIs that software developers love to use
- Collaborate with architects to identify and gain sign-off for API deployment
- Partner w/ UI & API team to ensure seamless integration of DSE deliverables into SW platform.
- Implement microservices architecture in AWS
- Ensure that all APIs are fully tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests
- API scaling/performance profiling experience
- Passion for developing easy-to-use and customer-delightful APIs, working directly with and demonstrating a deep understanding of the end-user / customer
- Passion for software development and modern software development practices, including lean and agile
- Deep commitment to quality, reliability, scalability and maintainability
- Egoless and works and interacts well with software engineering, product management, data scientists and non-technical users
- Passion for Indigo mission and values
- Great listener and communicator, written and oral
- Technically knowledgeable and not afraid to technically challenge engineers
- Ability and passion to quickly learn new technologies and industries, staying up-to-date with technology and best practice trends
- Results oriented, demonstrating a passion to release software, while not compromising on quality and being sensitive to the specific needs for the customer and the application’s usability
- Experience implementing complex algorithms at scale
- 3+ years of experience building internal and / or external APIs required
- Deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services (REST or GraphQL)
- Experience designing and documenting internal and external (commercial) APIs leveraging an API documentation framework (e.g. Apiary, Swagger)
- Experience with variety of datastores and tradeoffs (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience with deployments to cloud environments
- Experience with containerization (Docker)
- Experience with version control (git)
- Actively practicing lean / agile software methodologies or similar
- Experience writing functional and unit testing
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed below are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
Back to top