We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Staff Software Engineer, Atlas Applications (More about Atlas)
Your expertise in front end application development will help us create best-in-class consumer facing applications. You’ll lead the team building cutting edge map centric technologies and visualizations that will be used in UIs across Indigo.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers and UX designers based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re an engineer with deep experience building responsive web apps.
- You have extensive experience with React and Typescript.
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility.
- You have experience building compelling data visualizations.
- You appreciate engaging and usable design, and sweat the details.
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
- You have experience using vector tiles and building vector tile pipelines.
- You are passionate about innovation and pushing the limits of web experiences.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed below are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan