Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Indigo's mission to change agriculture for the better depends on our ability to leverage data. The Data Platform team provides that data foundation by building petabyte scale distributed systems in the cloud that help us ingest, manage, and query our data . The Data Platform team ensures the functionality, timeliness, quality, and performance of Indigo's mission critical data systems so that our customers -- machine learning, business intelligence, and product engineering teams can accomplish their goals.
We're looking for an experienced data engineer who cares about the data that flows through pipelines, the fellow engineers who create them and the internal customers who use the resulting data. We work in Python 3, the Snowflake Data Warehouse, and make heavy use of AWS technologies to deliver a highly scalable and reliable platform capable of transforming and ingesting terabytes of data on demand in the minimum amount of time ...
As a Data Platform Engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Design and implement systems for ingesting, transforming, connecting, storing and delivering a vast array of data sources with differing levels of complexity and scale
- Contribute to internally managed libraries that help pipeline developers deliver value rapidly with minimum duplication of effort.
- Collaborate with various engineering teams on bringing data in and getting data out of the platform
- Consult with data scientists and analysts to understand their automation needs and help empower them with self-service tools.
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You’re an experienced engineer who understands the challenge of building data pipelines and is excited about the idea of making it easier
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs
- You understand that being an effective software engineer is about communicating with people as much as it is about writing code.
- You are focused on the customer Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Developer, Data Scientist) and their needs.
- You are excited about learning and using new tools and technologies but make value driven decisions about when to implement them
- You possess a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.
Back to top