Senior Product Manager, Transport
- Boston, MA
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
As a Senior Product Manager for Indigo Transport, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization to define a best-in-class software offering. We believe that a deep understanding of customer problems is critical to delivering value and is the cornerstone of what makes our product team tick. In this role, you will lead the development and market fit strategy for a B2B software offering and will have responsibility for the overall success of that product. This includes everything from market research to getting into the nitty gritty with your team of dedicated engineers and designers. You’ll need to define your product’s north star, and then show others in the organization how we get there.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
A successful product helps to solve real world problems, and simultaneously moves our business forward. Part of your job will be to balance tactical problem solving and the prioritization of feature requests from key customers; you’ll also need to identify new opportunities that will contribute to generating critical mass and market fit. Well-considered metrics will help you know if you’re making good decisions and moving in the right direction.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day, continually designing ways to work better ourselves. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses and move quickly. We are an agile shop, and believe that the trifecta of product management, software development and user experience design is the key to building the right software solutions. A growth mindset, excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the Indigo organization to:
- Determine the short and long-term vision for your product
- Define business impact of delivering on that vision
- Create and maintain a detailed product roadmap, aligned with the commercial goals of your global offering leads
- Evaluate partner strategies (internal and external)
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Develop deep understanding of existing / planned platform solutions and capabilities, and be the champion for new services needed to support your product
- Analyze 3rd-party vendor landscape and explore partnership / integration strategies when relevant
- Analyze competitive landscape to identify areas where Indigo can provide unique value
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in, release management)
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices; champion those best practices across the organization
- Ensure the voice of the customer is a key component in prioritizing and defining your work
- Define metrics that can drive your decision-making, and rally your team around them
- Ensure successful commercialization and launch of new solutions, maintaining alignment with your sales and operations counterparts
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with cross-functional stakeholders (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide visibility into the plans for your product
- Establish trust and ongoing communication with internal & external customers
- Facilitate feedback and discovery for key decisions
- Clearly articulate product value and your plans for increasing that value to senior management
- Engage in healthy debate and defend your position when necessary
- Be an evangelist for your product and advocate for the resources needed to be successful
- Ability to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility for a software product line, clearly articulating and evaluating tradeoffs
- Ability to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to translate business needs into product roadmap and technology specifications and use cases
- Innate eye for taking complex problems and solutions and breaking them down to deliver incremental value
- Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to quickly change course, as needed
- Decisive and well-informed decision-maker
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening and oral and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Proactively brings new ideas to the table, spanning people, process and product
- Comfortable wearing different hats, depending on the needs of the moment
- 7-10 years Product Management and Leadership Experience
- Proven track record of building and delivering excellent customer-facing software products
- Bonus if first-to-market, enterprise software and/or machine learning product
- Experience working directly with software engineering teams in an agile/lean development environment
- Bonus if demonstrated success across Web and Mobile solutions
- Active Communication skills (communicating out and listening successfully)
- Market-facing launch experience
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Back to top