Senior Engineering Manager, Carbon
- Boston, MA
As a Senior Engineering Manager on the Carbon team, you will be working on close collaboration with world class data scientists to create sophisticated systems and infrastructure to quantify carbon in agricultural soils and generate carbon credits. Your expertise in software development and Machine Learning will help us create a world-class experience for our customers.
Indigo helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Indigo you’ll:
- Build & lead teams and projects to success in order to make an impact
- Collaborate with engineers and other technical resources at Indigo to ensure the quality & reliability of the platform
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability.
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You’ve been building software professionally for 4+ years.
- You’ve been building & leading teams for 2+ years.
- You’ve been working with Machine Learning systems/algorithms for 2+ years. Relevant degree a plus.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- You have deep experience in one or more modern programming languages. We work primarily in Python but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You are a strong communicator. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You're comfortable collaborating across teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable and documented code that others can understand.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Are you looking for a challenge and to make a difference?
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Basel, Switzerland, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.
Back to top