Senior Director, Treasury and Risk Management
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Define treasury policy and procedures for Indigo
- Own relationship with Indigo partner banks, negotiating treasury services as needed by the Company
- Set up and maintain a cash management program which maximizes return on cash balances while minimizing risk and bank fees
- Active involvement in the cash disbursements and collection processes along with the accounting and operations teams of the Company
- Responsible for preparing the company’s cash flow forecast
- Arrange both equity & debt financing to provide business with sufficient financial flexibility
- Develop and implement risk management policies / procedures (commodity, Fx, interest rate, credit)
- Establish approach to measuring and reporting on key business risks
- Make recommendations on and execute suitable hedging strategies to address foreign currency exposures
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Ability to interact well with CEO, CFO, Investors and the Board
- Ability to work closely with Finance team
- Creative, strategic thinker. Someone who can think outside the box to account for market situations as we enter new markets
- Ability to understand process streams and properly assess the associated risk
- Direct experience in capital markets (debt & equity)
- MBA preferred
- Experience with derivatives to manage risk
- 10+ years treasury experience
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Builds and maintains good relationships.
- An ability to lead and energize a group towards an aggressive goal.
- Passion for Indigo and our core values.
- Focuses on goal achievement and loves getting things done.
- Charlestown, MA
Meet Some of Indigo's Employees
Head of People
Katie is helping to strategically build an organization that offers a whole new kind of Human Resources—a place where employees can be honest and understood.
Back to top