Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships
At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
Indigo Carbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet. This goal is massive, and it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
Our aspiration is massive, and we know we can’t do it alone. There are many organizations doing remarkable work in the fight against climate change. It is imperative that we cultivate partnerships with other organizations in the fight against climate.
The Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships will lead our efforts to build transformational partnerships and develop leading edge multi-organizational initiatives with a range of organizations. These will be environmental groups, foundations, scientific organizations, global development groups, farmer and rancher associations, and others. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic individual with a proven track record of cultivating, growing, and maintaining high impact partnerships with a range of organizations and stakeholders.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Own, craft, implement, and drive the partnership strategy for the Terraton Initiative across a range of scientific, environmental, and industry organizations
- Establish formal and informal partnerships with influential organizations that enable the Terraton Initiative to achieve its aspiration – removing 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
- Build and lead a team of experts responsible for developing and maintaining these partnerships
- Represent Terraton as a spokesperson to internal and external audiences at events, conferences, meetings, and with the media
- Develop and maintain internal planning and project management systems supporting outreach and campaign management, including a system for organizing and tracking partners and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in moving projects forward with relevant stakeholders
- Exceptional communicator: great relationship builder/manager, able to work cross-functionally and able to communicate intangible results in a clear and compelling way
- Manager-doer: can build and manage strategic partnerships while also rolling up their sleeves to execute
- Able to navigate difficult situations and guide from opposition to consensus
- Able to operate and drive results independently as part of a company with a fast-moving approach
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to build a partnership strategy from the ground up
- Strategic thinker; able to develop coherent NGO strategy (not just tactics)
- Strong alignment with Indigo’s mission and Terraton’s vision
- Advanced STEM degree or significant experience in technical environmental, scientific or agricultural field highly preferred
- At least 10 years of work experience required, with at least 5 years in the NGO, environmental, agricultural, or government spaces focused on strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated experience developing and driving issue or campaign to positive result
- Significant experience and relationships in the environmental NGO space and ag community preferred
- Location flexible, regular travel required
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Back to top