Research Associate, Quality Control for Microbial Analytics
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Quality Assurance Research Associate is to ensure that Indigo seed applied microbial products meet established quality standards and expectations by performing microbial analytical procedures to characterize in-process and commercial microbial samples.
- Follow established QC processes and protocols to determine concentration and purity of samples.
- Conduct stability analysis on concept and final formulations and assess physical attributes of samples, including viscosity, density and moisture.
- Record and interpret QC data, using Excel, and report results to QA director for issuance of Certificate of Analyses.
- Assist with experiments to define more efficient and cost effective microbial analytic protocols and develop assays for high throughput screening.
- Occasionally isolate DNA and run PCR on microbial samples.
- Execute on contamination preventive initiatives, using 5S methodology.
- Assist with administration of Indigo’s quality management system.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or Microbiology with prior lab experience.
- Strong microbiology and associated microbial testing methodologies background, with applied experience in CFU plating, physical attribute testing, and demonstrated proficiency with sterile technique.
- Working knowledge of Quality Control procedures and processes, experience writing and following SOPs.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Organized and methodical.
- Charlestown, MA
Meet Some of Indigo's Employees
Head of People
Katie is helping to strategically build an organization that offers a whole new kind of Human Resources—a place where employees can be honest and understood.
Back to top