Regenerative Range and Pastureland Specialist
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
The role of Regenerative Pastureland Specialist will develop and lead implementation of farmer scale regenerative ag systems to transition from conventional to regenerative ag practices.
- In the first 30 days, develop and lead the incorporation of pastureland recommendations on farm scale regenerative ag systems, for agronomist and grower facing software platforms.
- In the first 30 days, culture and secure regional relationships within each BU to advance Indigo’s position as a regenerative leader with deep understanding and support of regenerative pastureland management.
- In the first 30 days, inform internal and external training modules to educate internal and external field team members on the principles and impact of regenerative pastureland management.
- In the first 30 days, provide directional vision on pastureland principles for data collection points for regenerative call plans, carbon sequestration and project Terraton.
- In the first 60 days, be viewed as the company’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all grazing and permanent pasture. Answering and building technical material to advance this reach into regenerative agriculture.
- In the first 60 days, coach and train regional agronomy teams and growers on regenerative ag best practices on an ongoing basis.
- In the first 90 days, build a network of 80+ new producers that have established and adopted permanent pastureland by the end of the year.
- In the first 90 days, organize and deliver on 10+ field days, workshops, webinars etc. by Dec 31
- In the first year, improve grower profitability by $40/acre by implementing permanent pasture by the end of year 1 in the role
Attributes and Competencies:
- Collaborate cross functionally with key stakeholders (R&D, IRP, Crop Product, Marketing, Systems and Geo Innovation & Data Labs)
- Strong and succinct communicator: Comfortable speaking at large industry events
- Ability to train commercial agronomists on regenerative practices
- Understand and embody the 5 principles of regenerative ag practices
- Widely considered a subject matter expert in regenerative ag practices, with principle focus on livestock integration.
- An accountability for your actions that shows initiative and brings about positive results
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Works well in ambiguity
- Curious and perceptive; enjoys coaching and teaching
- Ability to communicate and interface with corporate customers
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Detail oriented
- MS preferred in Animal Science or related discipline
- 10+ years of implementing regenerative ag practices
- Proven record of converting growers to regenerative ag practices
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Back to top