Order Management Manager
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Order Management Manager will serve as a bridge between sales operations and finance. This person will be responsible for managing the order cycle from sales operations to finance in a timely and accurate manner: ensuring that there is a smooth transition between systems, acknowledging, validating, and integrating orders, and making sure statements to customers are accurate. This person must have a strong customer-service focus, as they will be interacting regularly with our growers.
- Partner with Sales Operations Coordinator and Director of Sales Operations to ensure the transition of booked orders to Oracle is seamless and to ensure that proper documentation is maintained to support overall bookings reporting and revenue recognition
- Work with Sales Operations and finance to review and refine the required processes to ensure appropriate controls over booked orders and consistency in order management function
- Responsible for validating key inputs and using Oracle to manage the hand-off from Sales Operations to Billing, Customer Statements, and Final Closeout
- Partner with SCM and Sales Operations to continue to evaluate and update business processes that allow maximum automation considering evolving business models
- Handle US and international credit review process, including financial statement level review, and provide recommendations, as applicable
- Partner with VP Finance to evaluate the strategic direction of credit and assessment of credit for Indigo and long-term strategy for developing and maintaining a best-in class credit function.
- Recruit, train and develop order management staff
- Manage team and various stakeholders to drive collections and ensure collections of expected payments within terms
- Collaborate with Finance Team and Sales Operations to develop applicable statements under Indigo models to ensure clear, accurate expectations are provided to the growers at contract signing
- Work with Technical Accounting group to provide appropriate support and documentation to enable on-going revenue recognition analysis by Finance group
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 5-7+ years in order management; international experience preferred
- Oracle experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Customer-service oriented
- Process oriented
- Able to multitask and wear many hats
Location: Memphis, TN.
Meet Some of Indigo's Employees
Head of People
Katie is helping to strategically build an organization that offers a whole new kind of Human Resources—a place where employees can be honest and understood.
Back to top