Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Agronomist is to delight Indigo growers with world-class crop advisory services. Indigo agronomists will work directly with forward-thinking growers that have planted Indigo product on their acres and provide value-added agronomic services including but not limited to: field scouting, crop monitoring, input recommendations, soil sampling, and crop budgeting/planning with the ultimate goal of maximizing grower profitability. Once the relationship has been established, Agronomists will devote their efforts to delighting their growers with deep knowledge of agronomy and row crop production, delivering exceptional customer service and building a long-lasting partnership with growers. The Agronomist will work closely with an Indigo Account Manager to enable grower success by maximizing farm profitability, productivity, and sustainability.
This role will cover the Northeast region with headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
- Ability to manage relationships and gain trust with 50 farmer accounts. Provide customers with unparalleled agronomic and profitability decision making ability.
- Generate data (Capture 100% of data) to optimize farmer profitability and development of Indigo Farmer Decision Software Tool. Manage scouting program to capture pertinent data.
- Achieve 9/10 farmer satisfaction as reported by farmers.
- Provide agronomic guidance to customers supporting grain quality targets
- Train account managers on the value added by commercial Indigo products.
- Understands and embodies our purpose & core values
- Understands our purpose and core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies
- Demonstrates personal and/or professional passion for our core values
- Widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making difficult decisions
- Strong understanding of farmer profitability including production costs, technology lift, grain marketing and grain premiums
- Passion and curiosity for new thinking
- Strong relationship and trust builder
- Trusts software
- Strong communication and training ability
- Strong understanding of precision agriculture and software
- More interested in the science of grower profitability than the art
- BS Required, MS preferred in agriculture or crop production management
- 5+ years agricultural experience
- Live in region
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight 30% of the time
Meet Some of Indigo's Employees
Head of People
Katie is helping to strategically build an organization that offers a whole new kind of Human Resources—a place where employees can be honest and understood.
Back to top