Laboratory and Facilities Intern
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Laboratory and Facilities Summer Intern will be to help create content for Indigo’s new Online Training Portal. This portal is hosted and supported by Triumvirate Environmental. The intern will quickly learn how to use and manage this portal and start creating online training modules, including training presentations, videos, narrative and quizzes, with help from the Laboratory and Facilities, Communications, IT and People Teams, Indigo’s EH&S consultants, and laboratory personnel. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Laboratory and Facilities, this role will be responsible of creating, testing and launching the online training modules for all current laboratory and building safety topics and for select Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI) by the end of summer. The Intern will also assist with occasional facilities-related requests as needed.
- Meets all key stakeholders, including Indigo’s EH&S consultants.
- Thoroughly learns how to use Triumvirate’s online training portal.
- Edits and updates existing training presentations, videos, SOPs, works instructions, quizzes, and related documents; launches them on the online training portal.
- Using feedback from Indigo Safety Committee and other key stakeholders and under the direction of the manager, creates new training content for the online training portal.
- Evaluates best practices and most effective methodologies for online training approaches and proposes new ideas to improve Indigo’s training content and system.
- Provides effective communication and regular updates to the manager and Indigo’s key stakeholders.
- Helps with other facilities-related requests as needed.
- Understands and embodies Indigo’s purpose and core values
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of college education (completed sophomore or junior years) in a literature, arts and/or science field(s)
- Passion for creating professional-level written, visual and audiovisual content
- Highly skilled in using computers with Microsoft Office, graphics, and video editing/authoring software programs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and follow-up skills
- Communicates both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner
- Demonstrates a team-oriented style and strong work ethic
- Approachable, calm, and motivated with a “can-do” attitude
- Possess strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills)
- Able to distill and present complex subjects and concepts in simple and engaging ways
- Enjoys working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Skilled in multitasking and time management
- Able to drive tasks and projects to completion within their deadlines
- Able to iterate, learn and adapt quickly as the inputs and desired outcomes of a task/project changes
- Willing to perform any task, such as helping the Lab and Facilities Team with sometimes repetitive and menial duties
- Sets and maintains high standards for self
- Loves having much to do and can prioritize, but knows when to ask for help
- Works autonomously and in a self-directed manner, but knows when to reach out to manager for help or feedback
Meet Some of Indigo's Employees
Head of People
Katie is helping to strategically build an organization that offers a whole new kind of Human Resources—a place where employees can be honest and understood.
Back to top