Finance Lead, Europe
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Basel, Switzerland, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
- Provide strategic decision and business planning support to European team:
- Support development of operational business plans for new business models to be launched in Europe (Indigo Marketplace, Indigo Transport), by leading preparation of supporting financials, and by adopting systematic and data driven approach when stress testing overall plan assumptions.
- Lead quarterly forecast process and deliver fully loaded P&L and identification of risks & opportunities year to go.
- As part of October budget process, develop a financial plan to deliver again budget targets with clear understanding of commercial risks and opportunities
- Become active core member of Ag Finance team in entire variety of work streams.
- Prioritize customer field visits and completion of relevant website onboarding training
- Actively participate in weekly commercial meetings and European leadership team meetings and own overall affiliate goals.
- Own the financial and operational reporting process:
- Ops reporting process, including capture and review of contracted hectares, opportunity and risks, with corresponding plans and assigned accountable team members.
- Monthly P&L financial reporting including right level of analysis / insights and forward-looking focus
- Own local statutory reporting and compliance to applicable tax and other regulatory frameworks of the European affiliate:
- Provide timely oversight and leadership to local Controllership team through weekly involvement and detailed understanding of exiting financial operations processes and deliverables.
- Prepare proposal of Finance organization and capabilities to support business
- Hiring of talent and subsequent development and retention as you build approved Finance foot print.
- Maintain bi-weekly meetings with local Legal and People partners to understand applicable framework and support execution of compliance programs as needed.
- Build trusting collaborative relationships across the Indigo local and global organization:
- Hold at least monthly meetings with leaders of Global Finance centers of Excellence, International peers and other Corporate functions to identify support, alignment and communication needs.
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Enjoys working cross-functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
- Strong leadership skills, able to inspire and influence a team, without influence
- Able to work well under ambiguous and uncertain conditions
- Able to think outside the box to solve problems
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to translate commercial initiatives into financial impact; able to quickly assess financial worth of commercial ideas
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, oral and written
- Financial modelling experience
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, doesn’t compromise on accuracy
- Willing to roll up sleeves work on everything that needs to be done; own many different projects simultaneously; able to work independently; “a doer”
- Deep understanding of local statutory reporting requirements and compliance
- Familiar with Ag commodity accounting, revenue recognition, etc.
- 10+ years’ of experience in financial management and financial reporting (both local and export)
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating, developing, and implementing business plans
- Commodity experience a plus
- Prior agriculture experience strongly preferred
- Previous internet B2B experience helpful
- Previous international experience strongly preferred
- Able to travel within country and to/from Boston as needed
- Fluency in English required
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Back to top