Buyer Support Liaison
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Buyer Support Liaison will work closely with individual buyers and internal Indigo departments, (including the Buyer Account Manager, Grower Relations, Logistics, Credit, Order Management, Grain Marketing, and others) to ensure Indigo’s needs are being met in a manner that creates the most seamless experience for the customer. S/he will operate with the mentality of retaining lifelong customers through excellent customer experience. The ideal candidate will possess strong people, problem solving, and critical thinking skills. S/he will be a team-player and a solution-oriented individual who is committed to Indigo and customer success.
Outcomes & Responsibilities:
- Ensure buyer’s Salesforce account is fully up to date and correct
- Monitor buyer touchpoints to ensure that buyer is not being over-contacted; all buyer touchpoints should be logged in Salesforce
- Bring together stakeholders from the buyer and grower side to troubleshoot delivery issues
- Provide training to grower CX reps on buyer expectations and best practices
- Provides grower CX rep with clear expectations about buyer deadlines, facility info - everything a grower needs to expect to have a successful delivery
- Works with Logistics to continuously improve buyer-facing delivery documents
- Assist in obtaining settlements from the buyer when needed
- Assist in reaching out to buyer when contact is difficult to reach in order to schedule deliveries.
- Assist BAM’s and Logistics with plant shutdowns or issues at end buyer
- Assist with issue resolution for rejected loads if needed.
- Obtain approvals for contract extensions and communicate with Logistics and BAMS
- Provides clear on-boarding instructions to buyers at the beginning of their relationship
- Proactively problem solves creatively to meet customer expectations and Indigo needs, and communicates to all stakeholders
- Inform Logistics of any schedule changes, shutdowns, etc.
- Proactively communicate with Buyers about Indigo and industry specific news
- Collaborates with Grain Marketing and other internal departments to fulfill contracts in the event of shortages or rejections
- Within 30 days, demonstrates understanding of Grain Marketing/Merchandising landscape and the industry players therein
- Ability to navigate in a fast paced environment across departments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Works with outside team to ensure the buyer needs are met
- Ability to work well cross-functionally with others
- Ability to clearly explain the life-cycle of an order from entry all the way through payment
- Ability to de-escalate heated customer situations by thinking clearly and acting calmly
- Operates with a level-headed sense of urgency
- Can see the big picture and the parts within the whole
- Ability to problem solve complicated issues while keeping all parties involved in mind (i.e., grower, carrier).
- Quick learner with ability to handle changes in a fast paced environment
- Puts Customer experience at top of mind
- Salesforce or some CRM experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years in customer service role
- 2+ years in Customer Service, Account Management, or similar experience
- Experience in Grain Merchandising preferred but not required
- Some experience with contracts / end buyer negotiations
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Back to top