Business Analyst II
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of Business Analyst II, Sales Operations will be the key personnel for sourcing Indigo’s sales data analysis and reporting. The Business Analyst II, Sales Operations will be an expert in Salesforce.com data and report utilization to review and analyze data, build reports, and offer solutions to the sales team and internal functions of Indigo Agriculture. Reporting to the Director of Sales Operations, this position will be the liaison between Commercial in Memphis and I.T. in Boston to structure Salesforce and other systems and processes for successful utilization by management and the sales team. This role is based in Memphis, TN.
- Assist in set up for and continually evolve reporting cadence to account managers, sales team, management, and internal functions utilizing Salesforce.com.com as a source of truth for sales data
- Make recommendations to Director of Sales Ops for reports based on requests from internal functions in Indigo
- Build custom reports on demand to facilitate rapid deployment of new workstream analysis
- Will develop reports that summarize sales data for delivery, either in flat files or through integrated connectivity, to internal stakeholders
- Work with IT to configure and optimize SFDC for data capture and efficient usage by sales team
- Ability to provide recommendations for SFDC architecture based on the business use/need
- Work with Sales Data Coordinator within Sales Operations to streamline reporting and accuracy of data utilized by Indigo
- Work with Business Analyst I to create reports needed for data integration with various Business Intelligence tools utilized within Indigo
- Will work on cross-functional teams to gain insight and data from HubSpot, Oracle, and other ERPs
- Will manage continuous improvements updates and evolution of the system based on company needs and shifting priorities
Attributes and Competencies:
- Self-starter with an analytical mindset
- Can visualize data and put numbers to graphs/charts
- Understand and have a passion for business analytics (i.e. cost benefit, build financial models)
- Ability to take abstract data and build meaningful constructs at the request of others
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Team player
- Extremely detail oriented and very organized
- Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal stakeholders.
- Results oriented with ability to prioritize and manage thru multiple projects/ priorities / deadlines simultaneously.
- Customer-centric minded
- Passion for Indigo and our core values
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, and/or a math related field
- com certified or equivalent experience preferred
- Extensive experience with pivot tables in MS Excel for analysis and report preparation
- At least three years of experience utilizing Salesforce.com for reporting and data analysis for Sales and/or Operations/Teams
Meet Some of Indigo's Employees
Head of People
Katie is helping to strategically build an organization that offers a whole new kind of Human Resources—a place where employees can be honest and understood.
Back to top