Back End Engineering Manager, Transport
- Boston, MA
Indigo has a number of open roles for software engineers to build the transportation platform we use for moving grain after purchase on the marketplace. Engineering managers work with product managers, UX designers, and engineering teams to model trucking workflows, designing interfaces based on design mockups, and resourcing teams to build exceptional user experiences.
We look for a track record of the following:
- Experience designing, implementing, and shipping live API code to customers (not necessarily related to logistics or shipping)
- Experience managing teams of 4 or more software engineers through 1-1s, feedback, coaching, and delegation
- Having built and staffed the wrong system enough times to avoid the common pitfalls, whether building something personally or advising others
- Willingness to debug problems across the stack, such as networking issues, performance problems, or memory leaks
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have empathy for being a back end engineer and are not afraid to code if needed - “if your boss could do your job, you’re more likely to be happy at work”
- Have successfully run a back end engineering team from architecture through release, maintenance, and support
- Are self-directed and enjoy building server-side applications, as well as figuring out the most important problem to work on
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Are detail-oriented, and like to get the system working but know when to cut corners versus getting it exactly right
- Are interested in coaching, mentoring, and serving a team of engineers
- Enjoy collaborating across multiple disciplines, including product and design
- Know how to communicate in a remote-first environment
- Believe in the model of servant leadership and extreme ownership
In this role, you will work on a team with a mix of web and mobile developers, as well as product managers and UX designers towards a common goal.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
Back to top