- Waterloo, Canada
We’re looking for a Web Engineer who is eager to demonstrate design and technical acumen, who writes quality code and enjoys looking for a chance to help an experienced back end team expand their skills into UI.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s What We Want:
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, and testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI and CD DevOps tooling culture
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn. We’re always open to new ideas — that’s how we got where we are today, and we need more
- Sharing: IX has a value of “Learn it then Teach it”. Our experienced team needs to learn how to add a UI into our existing offerings. You love UIs and can’t wait to share what you know and learn, in exchange for expanding your own knowledge base across the full stack.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Building cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- Solving fascinating problems on very cool projects
- See your code in action every day - you definitely won’t be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
Here’s What You Have:
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You are a talented, fast learner and embrace change
- A desire to work with, teach, and learn from the people around you – we greatly value people and interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation, and practicality are important qualities
- Experience designing, writing and testing high quality, clean UI code in a large and scalable deployment environment
- We don’t expect you to come in knowing everything but knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- Scala, Go, and Python
- Kubernetes, Docker, Hadoop, Vertica
- Any other tools or techniques that you think would make sense for us
We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it.
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We aren’t perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.
Back to top