Index Exchange is looking for a high-energy, self-starting Web Developer to manage the maintenance and development of our corporate websites. As the company’s first engineer in our commercial headquarters, you will be managing the entire software development lifecycle - from ideation, testing, staging, deployment and management. In this highly collaborative role, you’ll focus on bringing to life the work of all marketing groups (Creative, Product, Communications, Events, etc.) across a growing network of web experiences.
Here’s what we want:
- Eye for Design: You have a passion for staying abreast on the latest web design trends and have an eagerness to recommend sleek, unexpected designs that aren’t limited solely to a theme or plugin.
- Collaborative: Work closely with all marketing divisions to brainstorm and provide solutions in a clear, synergistic, and concise manner.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Front-end and back-end development of our seven (and growing!) corporate websites
- In tandem with in-house creative team, revamp company websites, blog and overall digital
- Work to optimize page load time, targeting based on IP address and UX
- Ensure site is SEO friendly and all marketing analytics are set up correctly; consistently test, optimize and report findings
- Present process and changes to team leads
- Create new web sites and marketing landing pages using one of several web content management systems in use today
- Troubleshoot and analyze HTML/CSS/JS bugs or errors that may arise on existing or previous versions of web content
Here’s what you need:
- 2+ years of experience in web content development in a corporate environment
- Experience using web content management systems to maintain enterprise websites
- Strong understanding of responsive/mobile web design
- Experience working with Google Analytics
- Experience with SEO
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Photoshop is a plus
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our New York office serves as our strategic hub and headquarters. Located in the Flatiron District, this office houses the majority of our Client Services, Marketing, and Executive teams.
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package at NO out of pocket cost to employees each month, 401(K), maternity/paternity leave as well as a fantastic vacation policy.
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar, catered lunches every Friday and views of the Empire State Building!
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Back to top