Vice President, Buyer Development
- London, United Kingdom
Index Exchange is looking for a Vice President, Buyer Development to join our growing European team, impacting the growth and success of our demand-side partners in our exchange. The Agency Development team at Index Exchange (IX) is comprised of seasoned Ad Tech experts who are able to manage the needs of buyers in the ever-changing AdTech ecosystem.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management and cultivation of business relationships with European Agencies and Trading Desks, as well as others who buy programmatic advertising from our exchange. You will need to provide marketplace guidance and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business and operational lens. A significant part of this role will involve developing effective client interactions to foster a better working relationship, collaboration, and overall partnership with Agencies, Trading Desks, and Marketers.
Here’s What We Want
Mentorship: Our current team has the knowledge, ability, and drive to make a huge impact on our growth as a company. In this role, you will be expected to nurture and guide the team to see success leveraging your experience mentoring, coaching, leading, and providing feedback on a global scale. Your partnership with the current and future team should reflect that of our open and transparent culture, capitalizing on employee retention and career development.
Strategic: Your role will cover prospecting, vetting, and generating meaningful, well- positioned conversations with decision makers to drive business in the Index Exchange platform through strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. You should possess a strong command of the current programmatic landscape and the desire to continue to learn and evolve within the space, with the ability to decipher noise in AdTech vs actionable trends that will affect the success of Agencies and Buyers.
Collaborative: IX prides itself on collaboration and knowledge sharing internally to positively affect the success of our partners. You will work closely with the account management and business development teams to drive strategy and improve overall performance while capturing as much information on market trends to best position Index Exchange to clients.
Knowledgeable: Our Agencies have ever-changing needs to meet the campaign objectives of their brands. In this role, you will be a crucial node of managing the expectations of our partners. You should be comfortable handling complex technical questions from our internal teams and partners. A deep understanding of open RTB protocol and our platform will be required to provide strategic insight and recommendations to our buyers.
Leadership: The Vice President, Agency Development will be charged with growing and leading a team to drive business development and client success at IX. You should be able to derive and execute the strategy as it’s communicated from the top down while motivating and developing sales strategy for deliveries to your team.
Here’s What You Need
- 5 + Years of Programmatic Experience- strong preference for direct AdTech experience but candidates with media sales experience will be considered
- 7+ Years of Management Experience, focused on mentorship and development of employees to see career success and team growth across multiple regions
- Present subject matter expertise in CRM function, documentation and best practices. You should be a fanatic about collecting accurate and consistent data points in our CRM tool (Salesforce) and hold your team to a high standard for reporting as well.
- Ability to leverage strong industry network
- Ability to travel as needed between our offices and clients
Why you’ll love working here
- Our London office serves as our strategic hub and headquarters. Located in Farringdon, this office houses the majority of our Client Services, Marketing, and Executive teams*
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, maternity/paternity leave as well as a fantastic vacation policy.
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar and catered lunches every Friday*
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.
Back to top