Technical Services Engineer
Technical Services at Index is different - we don’t have customers in the traditional sense of the word: we support a small group of highly technical users including internal Index teams (Analysts, Client Services, Engineering) and representatives from our Publishers, who depend on our products to see transparent data about their campaigns. We are looking for a Technical Services Engineer to join the team and operate as a single point of contact for end users needing assistance – whether it's building a new feature, fixing a bug or creating a custom report for our clients. The ideal candidate for this role must have a solid technical background in addition to exceptional prioritization, time management and communication skills. You must also have a firm comprehension of how software is developed, how integrations work and exposure to a software intensive environment.
Here’s what we want:
- Technical: The goal when a ticket is sent is to resolve the issue rather than push the ticket to another team. You will build scripts, make changes in the database, and add new functions to the system where possible. You will also build automation tools, API routes and work on our web app
- Dynamic: Technical Services is one of our most vibrant departments and you need to not only bring the skills to do the job, but the right mix of passion and personality to complement this team. Someone who takes initiative will thrive in this role as we want new ideas mixed with a lot of energy to make things happen
- Organized: You will report all issues via tracking system (JIRA), determine appropriate priority, triage and escalate all high priority issues to manager
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Use clear and concise communications skills to solicit critical information and share important updates
- Work quickly to resolve all ticketed issues that are submitted. This takes a high degree of problem solving, technical skills and logic
- Collaborate with the Technical Services team and all the other departments across IX. Comfortable working cross-functionally is absolutely essential in this role
Why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We offer free snacks and drinks as well as catered lunches every day
- We don't have a dress code and work flex hours
- Regular celebrations (BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands) and milestone outings
- We offer an amazing benefits package, 5% RRSP matching, and a $5 monthly Goodlife memberships
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top