We’re looking for an experienced Recruiter to join our team in Toronto to specialize in hiring for our Engineering and Product departments. Your job is to not only find the perfect people to work here but also help them see why IX is the best fit for them. In this role you will do full-cycle recruitment starting with a core understanding of our business and technology. You’ll assist and work closely with our Engineering Managers and Executives to assess their needs and strategize their growth approach. From there, you’ll develop job descriptions and job postings, perform resume screening/sourcing, manage candidate communication, and handle key elements of interviewing, hiring, and onboarding. Every day is different but your excitement for a growing company in the tech industry will make you successful in this role.
Here’s what we want:
Knowledgeable: You have at least two years of experience in technical recruiting and are very familiar with LinkedIn Recruiter, Entelo, Greenhouse (or another ATS), Google Docs, Microsoft Office, etc. You also know the Canadian tech scene and enjoy having a visible presence in the community
Positive: You are essentially a Brand Ambassador for IX. Not only will you promote a positive environment with both the current IX employees but also with the potential candidates you speak to. After your conversation with them, they should be excited about the company, the opportunity and are well-prepared to meet the team
Organized: You maintain impeccable organization and constantly re-assess priorities while working on multiple roles at once. This also includes the ability to quickly pull data on your hiring activity and share that data with key people in the hiring process to create a better overall approach.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Research, write, and edit job descriptions and postings
- Communicate with Hiring Managers and teams to research roles and generate effective interview processes and approaches
- Use a multi-channel approach to find the perfect fit for IX- job advertisements, creative sourcing, events, meet-ups, fairs, etc.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment including resume screening, phone interviews, scheduling, feedback solicitation, candidate communication, offers, negotiation and onboarding
- Work across the entire organization - you must be cross-functional in this role and build relationships in every department with a particular focus on Engineering and Product
- Continuous study and work to develop an understanding of our business and the roles we have within the organization
- Work to achieve a high-degree of competitive awareness in the markets and fields you operate in. This includes knowledge of how other companies hire, salaries, roles, etc.
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Located in Midtown Toronto
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We offer free snacks and drinks as well as catered lunches, every day
- We don't have a dress code or core hours
- We offer an amazing benefits package, 5% RRSP matching and a $5 monthly gym memberships
Meet Some of Index Exchange's Employees
VP, Marketing & Communications
As the inaugural VP of Marketing & Communications, Emily is responsible for building a team that handles everything from product marketing and communications to events and social media.
Back to top